SMF and Bukkit AuthMe plugin?

Started by danny_payne, March 28, 2014, 07:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny_payne

Hi there!
I've been searching around for the past week or so looking for an answer to my problem and can't seem to find anything, hoping someone will be able to help me! Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move it to the relevant board.

I've recently setup SMF and a Bukkit Minecraft server with the intentions of creating a Public Minecraft server.
What I'm basically trying to do is integrate SMF and the Bukkit plugin AuthMe together so that my users are required to register on my forum and then they can use the same password to login ingame as they do on the forum.
Now this is all fine, I can point AuthMe at the smf_members table and tell it to use the member_name and passwd fields and this works. BUT.

I've setup a Custom Profile Field so that users can put their Minecraft Username in there instead of using it as their username for the forum, then AuthMe can pull the usernames from that. This Custom Profile Field stores the inputted text/data in the smf_themes table, this is a problem for me since I can't make the Bukkit AuthMe plugin point at 2 databases at the same time.

What I'm asking here is how can I make the Custom Profile Field store the inputted text/data in the smf_members table instead of the smf_themes table?
After a few hours of google searching I came across THIS post from 2006 which looks like exactly what I'm trying to do. I gave it a try and can't seem to get it working which was kind of expected since it's from 2006..
If I can get this working it means I can use another Bukkit plugin, CommunityBridge to display user stats in the Custom Profile Fields, which would be brilliant.

If anyone can help me it'll me much appreciated, if I didn't give enough info just shout and I'll provide!

Cheers!  ;D

Kindred

you can not.

custom profile fields store in the smf themes table - plain and simple.

So, you have a few options
1- require users to use the same username between the server and the forum (which, IMO makes the most sense anyway)
2- create a brand new set of coding and a new column in the members table...
3- code an intercept script that does a JOIN of the mySQL data between the members and themes tables
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danny_payne

Hi!
Thanks for the reply!

Right.. Okay then, that's a pain..

In that case, how would I go about changing the Registration Form, specifically the "Username" text to add a note to use the ingame name?
I again had a quick Google and couldn't find anything that specifically said where that was.

Thanks again for your help!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danny_payne

Thanks for that, what lines do I need to change in there?

Nvm, I fixed it. The solution is as follows -

In the file register.template.php that lives in ./themes/default/, I edited line 137 and changed $txt['username'] to $txt['username_registration'] .

I then opened up login.english.php that lives in ./themes/default/languages and added $txt['username_registration'] = 'my new text here'; to the bottom of the file above the php brackets, then uploaded both files to the server.
Re-opened the registration page and the text had changed.

I guess you'd be able to do the same to the password text on lines 180 and 189 of the register.template.php file, haven't tried it though.

Hopefully this'll help someone else out, not sure why this isn't documented anywhere.

Cheers!  ;D

SA™

i used to use the authme plugin on my server i had to modify the actual plugin to achive simular to this no i dont have the edits i made there long gone now but it is possible if you know java that is
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Patey

I had a similar issue (linking the forums with my minecraft server) but solved it a little differently. I've kept the authme and smf credentials seperate and have a sort of bridge on the website so that when the users login their authme credentials are checked if they aren't in the forums and if they check out they get registered in the forums. to promote the users on that registration I've got another plugin that receives commands from the website via JSON.

~off topic, I'd like to get in touch with you on the subject of minecraft servers. I've been working on a forge modded bukkit server with a very integrated website, and I'd like to work with you if it's of any benefit to us both :)
there's 6 of us on the team including me, 2 of us code, an artist, and 2 moderators/builders.

Advertisement: