Hopelessly lost and haven't even started...

Started by JadedSidhe, March 30, 2014, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JadedSidhe

Maybe it's lack of sleep, but I'm not sure what I need to download to convert a 2.14 IPBoard to 2.07 SMF.

I downloaded this file:

* invision21_to_smf.sql (34.51 kB) from this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149652.0
[SMF Converter] IPB 2.1.x
« on: February 10, 2007, 02:03:49 PM »

Just above the link for the above file, it says:

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

Which takes me to this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140741.0
SMF 1.1.x - Converters List & Support Topics
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:10:48 AM »

Which states: Please keep in mind that all converters are for 1.1.x, not for 1.0.x, and not for 2.0 either.

Further down, I do see:

Software: IPB
Version: 1.3.x, 2.0.x, 2.1.x,  2.2.x, 2.3.x

Which IPB 2.14 would fall under, (and takes me back to the original page) but, further down, there's the statement:

*Database Supporting
Please note this is here for future when the SMF 2.0 converters are released
Converters that Specify a certain database type can only use that database type. Such as a converter may say MySQL, will only be able to convert to a SMF board running MySQL. This is due to the database type the other software is using. Some converters may support multiple database types though, this usually means you have to be running the same database type on both software.
If no database support is specified it is assumed that it only supports MySQL.

And then there's the:

* convert.php (80.7 kB)

So, do I download the * invision21_to_smf.sql from the first page, and the * convert.php (80.7 kB) from the second page, even though it's on the 1.1x page?

--edited--

Oh, and two other questions, I remember reading somewhere that the conversion should be done with a clean SMF board... IE: don't touch it, don't play with it, don't do anything to or with it until after the conversion?

Will the permissions, even the non-standard ones, convert over to the SMF board as well?

margarett

You should use the package from our downloads page (for SMF 2.0)
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0_invision21_converter.zip

You should just perform a base install of SMF. The converter will replace (almost) all your SMF data...

As for permissions, mostly not... There are big differences in the way SMF and other softwares deal with permissions. You really need to check the status of the converted board: members, board access, etc.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

JadedSidhe

Thank you so much for the clarifications, particularly about the permissions.

We're moving to a new host, so I'll just set up another board on the new host and do the conversion after the move.

Advertisement: