Removing Simple Machine Form logo caused 500 internal server error

Started by ziadkiwan, March 30, 2014, 09:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziadkiwan

Hello, i was reading through the index.template.php using SMF editor, not FTP to find where the simple machine logo is located to remove it, when i found it and removed it when i saved i got redirected to with the following:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

site is hxxp:endless.argonathprg.com [nonactive]

note: we don't have an FTP layer so i can access to the forums files using FTP, is there any solution to fix it thanks.

Storman™

You simply need to replace the messed up file with a backup or a replacement from the SMF package. However, unless you have a control panel with some sort of file manager then it won't be possible without FTP.

Otherwise, maybe ask your host to replace the file for you.

Before you make any changes to your files you should take a BACKUP.   ::)

ziadkiwan

well the awkward moment is that i didn't take a backup  :laugh: so its not possible to fix it without FTP access ? damn :/

sawz

keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

Storman™

Quote......so its not possible to fix it without FTP access ? damn :/

Thats not what I said. Maybe it came over ambigous, but I meant that if you haven't got FTP then you could use a file manager thats usually supplied as part of a control panel (such as cPanel). If you have no control panel or FTP then you butched..

Colin

Also note that there is a modification that will remove the logo for you.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2383

You simply need to install it via that package manager. Note that you will need to clean up any edits that you have made otherwise the mod will not function correctly.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

ziadkiwan

well the problem is that i don't have access to the forums file anyway :(, and its been down for like 1 month, and i the server administrator isn't responding... so i though maybe there is a hidden fix for it, anyways thanks for the time!

Deaks

not without access to the files, is your other admin the same person as your host? if not contact them.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: