Any bridging possible between WordPress and SMF ?

Started by meetdilip, April 01, 2014, 03:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meetdilip

Just wondering if I can use WordPress as landing page for reviews and SMF 2.0.7 as forum software ? If yes, please tell me how to do it ?

Kindred

although there are some people who have done so - my answer is "not easily"

and, if you just wants to do reviews -- why use wordpress? Why no just use a portal mod along with articles?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Herman's Mixen

If ya just need a "landing page" / "frontpage" you dont need wordpress at all this can done easily with SMF itself

just need to create an extra /Source-file and an extra /Template-file
and make a few changes to your forum root /index.php

you can than easily change the source and template file for your needs, with all the functions of SMF you need including custom HTML/PHP/CSS and SSI functions ;)

will later today post more info if you need this... at this time i have less time
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Advertisement: