News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CRITIQUE my forum

Started by Acrodox, April 01, 2014, 06:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acrodox

Please don't restrain, let me know every thought you like and dont like about my forum. The layout and the content its based on.

It is brand new so not much to look at, but are the give-aways a good idea to get members? Also Should i add in ALL the board i want right now, or wait for the few to fill up and then add more? because i know they can look scary if theres alot of empty ones. Thanks

http://ardentgraphics.org

margarett

For a graphics forum, we have to be demanding :P

My 2 cents:
- Your logo doesn't "blend". You need to fit a better piece of art there ;)
- Your class "description" is too bright, comparing to the gray background.
- I don't know, but the colors don't match me. I know flat is now trend, but it feels "pale". That gray is too... gray :P and the gradient in the background is a bit too strong in the bottom

In other news, the best way to get members is to get yourself in search engines and, for that, you need content, especially original content ;) So you're right, keep the number of boards short for now, but feed them ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Acrodox

Quote from: margarett on April 01, 2014, 06:26:52 PM
For a graphics forum, we have to be demanding :P

My 2 cents:
- Your logo doesn't "blend". You need to fit a better piece of art there ;)
- Your class "description" is too bright, comparing to the gray background.
- I don't know, but the colors don't match me. I know flat is now trend, but it feels "pale". That gray is too... gray :P and the gradient in the background is a bit too strong in the bottom

In other news, the best way to get members is to get yourself in search engines and, for that, you need content, especially original content ;) So you're right, keep the number of boards short for now, but feed them ;)
i appreciate the feedback, will get to it when i get off of work!

Acrodox

Updated, Id love to hear your new opinion. what still needs to go, is it better?

margarett

It's better to me, but don't take my opinion as granted :P

The "description" is still very bright, I think. Look at the attachment, is it really supposed to be like that?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

richwig83

For me the main body is too dark. Also dark grey background and blue text isnt a very good contrast for ease of reading.

Acrodox

Quote from: richwig83 on April 02, 2014, 05:37:50 AM
For me the main body is too dark. Also dark grey background and blue text isnt a very good contrast for ease of reading.

I understand, that was temporary its fixed now, thanks for feedback!

Quote from: margarett on April 02, 2014, 04:37:37 AM
It's better to me, but don't take my opinion as granted :P

The "description" is still very bright, I think. Look at the attachment, is it really supposed to be like that?

Forgot about that, Fixed it up, final thoughts?

RubberDucky

Quote from: Acrodox on April 01, 2014, 06:16:59 PM
Please don't restrain, let me know every thought you like and dont like about my forum. The layout and the content its based on.

It is brand new so not much to look at, but are the give-aways a good idea to get members? Also Should i add in ALL the board i want right now, or wait for the few to fill up and then add more? because i know they can look scary if theres alot of empty ones. Thanks

http://ardentgraphics.org

Here is my critique:

- There is too much grey, and not enough of other colors. For a good website design, you need to choose 2-3 main colors and stick to that. You have chosen 2 colors, purple and grey, but these 2 colors do not match. The colors that go well with grey are: dark yellow, orange, fluro-greenish-yellow. If you cannot get your current theme looking good with the main color grey, then I suggest you change the main color grey to something else.
- Remove the purple around the current logo.
- Change the color of the menu text from black, to a soft white-ish color.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Advertisement: