News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

/Sources/Subs.php file

Started by fishinreeltime.com, April 01, 2014, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishinreeltime.com

how/where do I access my /Sources/Subs.php file?  Do I access it from FTP at my host? I cant seem to locate it.

mashby

FTP or File Manager would do the trick.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

fishinreeltime.com

Im in my ftp file manager and I cant find that file name. When I go to the sources file in my ftp manger I don't see anything that says /Subs.php file.

mashby

It might be below all of the other Subs-*.php files...it has to be there otherwise your forum might operate so great.
- James M. Barrie

fishinreeltime.com

the ftp file manager page is attached if you could help me find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

mashby

OK, see the scroll bar on the right? Drag that down...
- James M. Barrie

fishinreeltime.com

it was dragged down to the bottom when I took the snapshot

mashby

OK, this is bit interesting. You are seeing something none of us else can. Without taking a screen shot, can you then scroll down that list and look after anything that starts with Subs-
- James M. Barrie

fishinreeltime.com

I don't see anything that says subs at all in the sources file. But I do see something like it in the forums file.

mashby

OK, that's the root of the forum. And your screen shot shows the last visible thing being subscriptions.php. Go to the /Sources directory, scroll down past the Subs- files. Patience is a virtue.
- James M. Barrie

fishinreeltime.com

when I go to the sources directory I don't see anything that says anything close to subs-files.

mashby

Is is possible that you could setup a temporary FTP or some kind of account to your site and PM me the details?
- James M. Barrie

fishinreeltime.com

is it possible that the file could be named something else?

mashby

- James M. Barrie

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: fishinreeltime.com on April 01, 2014, 09:34:53 PM
how/where do I access my /Sources/Subs.php file?  Do I access it from FTP at my host? I cant seem to locate it.

Click on your Sources folder I see in your second attachment and search for Subs.php

br360

Quote from: fishinreeltime.com on April 01, 2014, 10:04:52 PM
the ftp file manager page is attached if you could help me find it, it would be greatly appreciated.

take a look at that screencap again, and you'll see that the sources are listed alphabetically, and you are only on page 1 of 7 pages for your sources.

Here, take a look- Change your page size to 50, and then click on that > at the far right to go to the next page of your source files, until you find subs.

fishinreeltime.com

I found the subs.php file the only thing is im trying to find exactly where I should enter the code.

fishinreeltime.com

I have a paid subscription forum and I am looking for a way to create a tab in the main menu that links directly to the checkout page. I was told to go to the subs.php file and insert the code below. I found the file and now I just wanted to know where I should enter the code in the file. I attached snapshots of the relevant section of code and I just wanted to know exactly where it needed to be entered.

'subscribe' => array(
      'title' => '<span style="font-weight: bold;">Subscribe</span>',
      'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=subscriptions',
      'show' => (!$user_info['is_guest']),
      'sub_buttons' => array(
      ),
   ),

Sir Osis of Liver

Hey, that's my code!

If you'd stayed with your original thread, instead of starting two more, you'd already be done with this.  That code goes into the button array, which is near the end of Subs.php.  Search for 'All the buttons', that's the top of the array.  Save a backup of the file before you tinker with it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

fishinreeltime.com

I just need to know where I should enter the code in this file. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kindred

Quote from: Krash. on April 02, 2014, 10:56:43 PM
Hey, that's my code!

If you'd stayed with your original thread, instead of starting two more, you'd already be done with this.  That code goes into the button array, which is near the end of Subs.php.  Search for 'All the buttons', that's the top of the array.  Save a backup of the file before you tinker with it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: