News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Flat SMF theme

Started by Dimitri Conejo Sanz, April 02, 2014, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitri Conejo Sanz

Hi, my name is Dimitri and I'm a Spanish developer and web designer.
Two months ago I started a personal project to provide tools for developers and designers, web world lovers. One of the things I wanted in my project was to create my first SMF theme and open a new community. So, now I'm finishing the theme and I would like to show it you. I would like to know your opinion about the theme. ;)

So, this theme include some little modifications in the visual template/interface:

• Lateral jQuery menu.
  • Font awesome icons integration.
  • Created with Flat Design techniques.
  • Fixed header.
  • Clean post interface.
  • Re-designed Karma/Reputation system.
  • Mobile version (WAP2 completely designed).
  • Responsive design
  • Integrated with Twitter and Facebook to share the posts (without mods).

Hope you like it. The next week I will open the new community. Thanks! ;)

margarett

Hi and welcome to SMF. Now that's a great first post :)

Nicely done! I'm not a big fan of the colors you've chosen, but that's just me :P Overall, looks pretty solid and your list of features is quite impressive.
Would you consider submit it to our themesite?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

shadow82x

Wow, very impressive theme. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Dimitri Conejo Sanz

Thanks for your opinions! ;)
I'm continuing designing the theme and I'm going to add the option to the user to choose the gradient or color of the theme. Now I'm focused in the mobile version and it look like the images I've attached right now.
So, if you want to view the theme in action, I opened the community yesterday. :)

Visit: hxxp:www.dimconex.com/forum [nonactive]

I invite you to login! ;)
Regarding your proposal, margarett, when I finish the theme, I'll contact with you ;).

Bloc

Great theme and concept, but why so much space around the logo in desktop mode?

Dimitri Conejo Sanz

Hi, Colby67.
The theme is not finished yet. I'm optimizing the last details. However, I want the big space in the header because I want to present a clean interface to the user.
;)

Bloc

Quote from: Dimitri Conejo Sanz on April 07, 2014, 07:32:55 AM
Hi, Colby67.
The theme is not finished yet. I'm optimizing the last details. However, I want the big space in the header because I want to present a clean interface to the user.
;)
I see.

It works very nice in mobile mode, filling up half the space, but in desktop mode it seems a bit lonely up there. :)

Dimitri Conejo Sanz

Thanks, Colby67. :)
Have some idea to fill the empty space?

Bloc

Well, not fill up with anything as much...but maybe just move it to the left and reduce the height of the header? desktops have such widths anyway, its natural to have see it on the left.

Bruce the Shark

Nice looks great. You are doing better than me

Dimitri Conejo Sanz

Quote from: Bruce the Shark on June 07, 2014, 10:15:57 AM
Nice looks great. You are doing better than me
Thanks Bruce! Now I'm working with cookies to give the user the option to change the forum color. ;)

Neekiinh0

Vi solo 2 themes con tanta modificacion en el sistema, la verdad es fabulosa !

Adaptamos themes de otras plataformas a SMF!
Contactame por MP o Skype: neekiinh0 para saber mas.

Antechinus

Quote from: Dimitri Conejo Sanz on June 09, 2014, 01:43:32 PMThanks Bruce! Now I'm working with cookies to give the user the option to change the forum color. ;)

You don't need to play around with cookies. Just use the built-in variant system of 2.0.x. ;)

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Creating_Multi-Style_Themes

Dimitri Conejo Sanz

Really?! Thank you Antechinus! Only one question. I'm from Spain and the European Law about cookies force you to notify that you're using cookies. This method use cookies, or it's a simple way to choose your favorite style?
Thanks!

Herman's Mixen

you can use the ****variant.style if you need a specific colored one ;)
also the cookie law is not really forced to use... as the forum itself.. uses the cookie... as you can take it in terms to the forum agreement...
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Antechinus

Quote from: Dimitri Conejo Sanz on June 10, 2014, 02:21:12 AM
Really?! Thank you Antechinus! Only one question. I'm from Spain and the European Law about cookies force you to notify that you're using cookies. This method use cookies, or it's a simple way to choose your favorite style?
Thanks!

No cookies. All done with PHP. The code is set up in Sources. You just need to call your variant names in index.template.php.

Antechinus

Oh and you might want to set up a changer on the home page or wherever (by default it only shows up in Profile). That's easy to do, and you can make the change permanent too if you like. You aren't restricted to using the session-dependent code given in the online manual.

This example code will give permanent variant change for logged in members (guests will still be session-dependent).

Up in the head section of index.template.php:

/* Set the following variable to true if this theme requires the optional theme strings file to be loaded. */
$settings['require_theme_strings'] = true;

/* Sometimes, we see other colours without licking frogs. This is one of those times. */
$settings['theme_variants'] = array('Bronze', 'Darkside', 'Emerald', 'Hellfire', 'Jade', 'Opal', 'Pinkbitz', 'Ruby');
}

And anywhere for a variant changer:

// Changer thingy. Permanent selection without changing pages!
if (empty($context['theme_settings']['disable_user_variant']))
echo '
<ul class="changer">
<li class="changerB"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Bronze" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Bronze\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
<li class="changerD"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Darkside" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Darkside\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
<li class="changerE"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Emerald" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Emerald\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
    <li class="changerH"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Hellfire" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Hellfire\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
<li class="changerJ"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Jade" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Jade\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
<li class="changerO"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Opal" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Opal\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
<li class="changerP"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Pinkbitz" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Pinkbitz\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>         
<li class="changerR"><a href="' . $_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] . (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], '.php?') !== false ? ';' : '?') . 'variant=Ruby" onclick="set_theme_variant(\'Ruby\');" >&nbsp;</a></li>
</ul>';

Just use your own variant and class names. That stuff is from an old theme I made. Could have different markup too if you like.

Advertisement: