News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't login-passwords encrypted

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, April 03, 2014, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hi, we're developing an online first person shooter, we're using Unity Engine and we use C# for scripting. We got a problem, we want to log into our game using forum credentials. I mean that i want my user list in game to be the same on the forum, so i need to give unity the permission to send data to smf_members database table and to receive an answer too, we've tried thousands time but it's still not working. So my question is, how can i get unity connected to my forum users list? Because the password are encrypted, and unity doesn't get an answer from database because of this. I know maybe it's not 100% because of smf system, but i need only to know how should unity read an encrypted password..
Thank for your support, cheers.

Please put an easier capthca that thing is seriously unreadable it took me more than 5 minutes to find a barely readable one, and my eyes are pretty good..
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Hi and welcome to SMF ;) The annoying Captcha goes away after 10 posts, sorry...

There is no password stored in the table, only the hash. When the user enters login, the username/password combination is hashed and it is compared to the record in the database.

Can you use sha1 in C#? If so, you can do it
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Wow thanks for the welcome by a very expert user i see.. I feel even more noob  :-[
I'm the 3D modeller of our game, but my colleague is the programmer, and he isn't advanced in programming (in this case) so he is not able to use sha1 in c#... Could you maybe help us or just by linking a tutorial about sha1 in c#? No one else seems to have treated this thing appropriately as we googled it for 2 days and couldn't find anything, only my questions on unity forum that no one answered.. And the guides made on Visual Basic don't work because Unity has different dll files so i already tried being a noob searching the first tutorial i could find and he told me it wouldn't work.. A lot of thanx for the answer anyway, finally a way to do it! Waiting for further instructions :)
Thanks again, cheers  :D

This thing blocked my kind bbcode telling that the link was shown as the "tutorial" word, i assume another anti-spam protection.. Uff i wanted not to look like a total noob because i'm used with forums at least D: here is ours just to prove it v.v http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php i know we still have to do path forwarding we have problems in that too.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

SMF hashes the password with:
SHA1(strtolower($username) . $password)

To do it in C#... I have no idea :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

My colleague told me to tell you an huge "♥ I LOVE YOU ♥" (no he's not homo xD) for that answer, we made it and now we can login from the game with forum credentials :D
Thanks again, marking as solved :D

I will be asking more things for some tweaks to the forum in more appropriate sections, anyway you really made our day with that string!

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

;D
Glad you sorted it out :)

I'm very happy for you, in a very manly way :P

Advertisement: