News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Search not returning Board Topics as a result

Started by rstep21, April 04, 2014, 10:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstep21

I am currently using version 2.0.7 & my search isn't work correctly.  I have 1123 posts in 972 topics. 

For example, I have a post called Decommission of server.  Inside of that post, the word "decommission" is not referenced, BUT it is in the board topic.  I try to search for the word "decom" or "decommission" and I get no returned results.  I can, however, search for the word "remove" which is referenced in the Decommission of server topic, and I will get 30 returned results. 

Is there something specific I need to address in order to include board topics in my search criteria? 

*I've done this search on the global scale, so it's not because I'm searching from withing a specific Board*

Search Weights:
Relative search weight for number of matching messages within a topic:    30%
Relative search weight for age of last matching message:    25%
Relative search weight for topic length:    15%
Relative search weight for a matching subject:    20%
Relative search weight for a first message match:    10%
Relative search weight for a sticky topic:    0%

Search Method:
Space used by forum messages in the database:    2997.60 KB
Space used to index messages in the database:     7875 KB
   -Custom index
      Index: already created [remove custom index]
      Size: 7696 KB

margarett

Could not reproduce here... I even created a test topic with the same subject.
But of course, I don't have that many topics...

Can you try to disable search index?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rstep21

I disabled the search index and still have the same issue.  Would it have anything to do with log_search_topics database field?  On my old old forum, it has 5700 rows in it, whereas my new one (been in test use for a few months) has 0

rstep21

I fixed this.  It was exactly as I thought.  The log_search_topics field in the database needed to have contents to search with.  I just exported the field from my old DB using phpmyadmin & imported it into my new forum.  Worked!

margarett

Odd. Would never occur to me :P

Glad you sorted it out ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: