Admin is a newbie?

Started by euripides, April 04, 2014, 07:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euripides

Does anyone find it strange that when you install a new copy, the Administrator shows up as a newbie?
Shouldn't that somehow not be a default?
How do you guys solve it?

Herman's Mixen

Nope as the post counts are based on those groups, you can actually in current theme settings hide it, at the bottem of the page one column up there are 2 check boxes ... check those ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

euripides

Thanks, I did it!
Will this affect all members? Can I just do it for Admin/moderators?

NekoJonez

I think it affects all members... no?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Kindred

yes, it affects all members.  Anyone who has a primary group will have their post-count-group hidden.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NekoJonez

Is there currently a way to hide that title for admins/global mods but not for users?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Herman's Mixen

as for the primiary groups, Administrators and Global Moderators this will just work out of the box as i stated above...
the normal users will still get the "newbie", as they are not in any primary group ;)

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Kindred

Quote from: NekoJonez on April 06, 2014, 11:11:05 AM
Is there currently a way to hide that title for admins/global mods but not for users?

If they are in a primary membergroup... no, there is no way to hide the post-count title for one group and not another. That would have to involve custom coding.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

euripides

Quote from: Herman's Mixen on April 06, 2014, 11:22:51 AM
as for the primiary groups, Administrators and Global Moderators this will just work out of the box as i stated above...
the normal users will still get the "newbie", as they are not in any primary group ;)

Yes, I tested.
Many thanks!

Herman's Mixen

Advertisement: