News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

<deleted>

Started by dougiefresh, April 05, 2014, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

<deleted>

EL34

Very Nice

I was used to the 1.1.19 admin menu with the full menu of items on the left side

I just upgraded my forum 1.1.19 forum to 2.0.7
The Admin menu in SMF 2 is horrible
I hate that everything is hidden and you have to hunt for menu items

The tabs and left menu items in your mod are great!
Forum History -> EZBoard -> YABB -> SMF 1.1.19 -> SMF 2.0.19

dougiefresh

Thanks....  I completely agree that SMF's admin area is a mess....  The admin area organization needs some love, too....

EL34

Thanks,
I am subscribed to this topic.
If you update your mod with some new items I"ll see it

EL34

Hi,
I uninstalled version 1 and installed version 2
My menu looks the same as version 1
I am using 2.0.7

Here's a screen shot of the installed packages screen

Shambles

^-- have you tried switching to a side-bar?

Quote~ The sidebar menu has been modified, making all areas of a particular header and all subsections of a particular area, into menu items.

EL34

Shambles

EL34

Profile?
Don't see that
Are we talking 2.0.7?

I frikin hate this 2.0.7 menu system
I can never find stuff

Arantor

Press the << button on the far right of the admin menu bar.

The dropdown menu would be less irritating if the ACP weren't a total mess in the first place anyway.

EL34

I am still lost
This is what my admin screen looks like

Arantor

Your first screenshot highlights the Main / Configuration / Forum / Members / Maintenance list of buttons. LOOK RIGHT OF THAT.

EL34

I figured out that the mod is not installed
I am looking at the install.xml file and the file mods never happened

I installed it on a test forum and it installed correctly
I am now in the process of manually installing the mod in the admin.php file

I'll be back in a bit

Arantor

The << is not part of the mod... seriously, try clicking that BEFORE doing anything else with the mod anyway.

EL34

It's working now

None of the find and replace actions actually happened, even though the mod said it was installed

When I tried to uninstall the mod, it was all warnings, meaning that none of the replacements and additions were actually found

So all is good now after looking at the working test forum files and the package-info.xml file

dougiefresh

I apologize about the late reply....  I've updated the first post (as well as the mod download page) with further information about this mod....

This mod replaces SMF's admin and moderator area dropdown and sidebar menus with a tabbed menu with sidebar.  Each sidebar group contains the sub-areas of each action....  Once the mod is installed, the << thingy disappears.  There is no option to change back to SMF's dropdown and/or sidebar menus once the mod is installed, although I don't think it would be impossible to add that back if there is a demand for it...

Quote from: EL34 on June 12, 2014, 10:46:52 AMIt's working now
I'm happy to hear that installation was successful, although I'm concerned that the package manager wasn't able to install it.  If you can't install other mods on your forum, you may want to check the permissions on your forum files....

FileZilla allows you to edit your forum files.  If you're editing the files, then install a mod, make sure that you redownload the file you're editing before you continue editing the file.  This ensures that you're editing the CURRENT file, not a pre-"mod install" file....

Quote from: EL34 on June 12, 2014, 09:43:22 AM
Are we talking 2.0.7?  I frikin hate this 2.0.7 menu system.  I can never find stuff
I understand completely.  It was the main reason I wrote this mod....

Arantor

And you never discovered the <<  toggle either?

Antechinus

Amazing, innit? Makes you wonder about the gui stuff if people never notice the toggle or the profile setting.

EL34

Quote from: ‽ on June 14, 2014, 05:42:43 PM
And you never discovered the <<  toggle either?

If you are talking to me, there is no << in my menu and the Mod author says this

QuoteOnce the mod is installed, the << thingy disappears.  There is no option to change back to SMF's dropdown and/or sidebar menus once the mod is installed,

As I stated above, I looked that the file changes that were supposed to have happened and none of them happened.
Even though the mod said it had installed correctly.

So then I installed the MOD on a test forum I use to test mods. That installed just fine. Then I knew exactly what  had happened after looking at the changed files on the test forum and comparing that to the real forum

Test forum = files were modded
Real forum = files were not modded so I made those mods by hand manually and all was just fine after that

Arantor

I wasn't actually, but before the mod was installed, you definitely had the << icon, it was even in your screenshot.

I hope the mod author updates this for 2.1 because you'll need it.

Advertisement: