News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Announcing a topic - package

Started by player.samp, April 06, 2014, 11:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

player.samp

Hello.

I am looking for a package which works - with no errors.

The kind which I look for, is not like the feature of announcing topics in SMF which sends a PM to everybody, I am talking about an option to make a topic to be in all over the boards, and be on top of a board, above the stickied topics and it should be written that these threads are global announcements, and they should not have effect on the amount of posts of a user, what means that if there are 25 boards on a forum, the person will get only +1 post to the count, and not 25.

If anyone can help, it would be nice. :)

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

player.samp

I got errors while trying to install this package.

Both with the current theme, and also others themes (and if there is an error with other themes, I also don't install).

I have been informed by someone that such a feature which I am talking about existed in SMF and since I cannot really see it, it was probably a package.

An option (just like announcing a thread when posting it), but when you tick it, it will just make the post be just like on the "Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM)" package, but it will be a regular thread and not like that way, and there should be a way to make it as announcement, and cancel it and make it back a regular thread. Well, maybe he was wrong...

Kindred

Well, the yagam mid seems to work fine for me...  Which means that, if you are getting errors, it is probably because you have another mod affecting the target code.

And no... To the best of my knowledge , there is not and never has been any feature or mod like you describe.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

player.samp

Quote from: K@ on April 06, 2014, 04:27:25 PM
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/News_newsletters_and_announcements#Announcements

Maybe you haven't read exactly what I wrote because this is now what I am looking for and I am aware of this feature. :P

Quote from: Kindred on April 06, 2014, 10:48:54 PM
Well, the yagam mid seems to work fine for me...  Which means that, if you are getting errors, it is probably because you have another mod affecting the target code.

And no... To the best of my knowledge , there is not and never has been any feature or mod like you describe.

I have 120 packages and more 6 mods of avatars... :/

Kindred

yup, that will do it.

Mind you I installed 150-200 mods in a test forum with only minor manual edits required... so I would suspect that you only need a small manual edit to use it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: