Cannot access Package Manager to upgrade to the latest version

Started by mfarmer, April 07, 2014, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfarmer

Hi thanks for that very detailed information.  Good of you. 

I am still over though!!  I have deleted everything from error logs (Although it hasn't free up 1.1Gb as I thought it would, gallery and so on. 

Here are the figures before the action.

mfarmer

Error logs are now showing: 

Space usage:
Type   Usage
Data   0   Bytes
Index   1,024   Bytes
Total   1,024   Bytes

The data figure has changed.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Wel, you did have >1Gb (!!!) in logs. Man, you should check your error log more often.

So now you should be ok, not?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mfarmer

AGREED! 

No, still need to remove 36mb approx for some reason :-(   

It's like the data hasn't fully deleted itself.

Why's there still data showing above in the Index number? 

margarett

Quote from: mfarmer on April 15, 2014, 09:38:25 AM
Why's there still data showing above in the Index number? 
Because there is a minimum space for the indexes. Don't worry about that, it's really a small amount.

Now you need to talk to your host again, tell them that you emptied a big log table and your are still above your quota. Have them telling you *WHERE* that big amount of data is.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mfarmer

Thanks, called and asked the question.  They don't know the answer, they need to investigate further!!!!!!!!!!  CRAZY! 

margarett

mfarmer

All sorted! 

Many thanks for your especially margarett. 

The offending table was the error logs, it just took ages for it's deletion to show on hosts servers, it took nearly 48 hours....time to change host me thinks!

margarett

Not a bad move, I'd say.

Anyway, check your SMF error log frequently. For that table to reach 1Gb, something is wrong in there ;)

Good luck.

Advertisement: