News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

how to change the forum name?

Started by onderxxx, April 08, 2014, 12:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onderxxx

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to change the FORUM NAME that appears on the top right corner? Please know in advance that I spent hours trying to change it before I posted this post here..

Thanks in advance.

onderxxx

Please do not offer me this solution. It does not work. The top right corner name keeps on waving at me after doing this:

Go to Administration > Configuration > Server Settings > General. Here is how to get there:
From the "Configuration" section of the administration panel, select Server Settings
Choose the General tab.
Change the contents of the text input labelled Forum Title.
Then select the save button

kat

Is this with the SMF default theme? Or, a custom theme?

RubberDucky

Quote from: onderxxx on April 08, 2014, 01:20:25 AM
Please do not offer me this solution. It does not work. The top right corner name keeps on waving at me after doing this:

Go to Administration > Configuration > Server Settings > General. Here is how to get there:
From the "Configuration" section of the administration panel, select Server Settings
Choose the General tab.
Change the contents of the text input labelled Forum Title.
Then select the save button

You must be using a different theme, because I just followed that same guide on my brand new gaming forums that runs on SMF's default theme, and it changes the title as it should.

Which theme are you using? If you are using a different theme, maybe the text is just raw html, and not called via the template/theme.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Advertisement: