You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.

Started by SNAFU0185, April 13, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAFU0185

Hi sorry for posting another topic on this but mine is a little bit different.
Ive had this issue for a while now thinking when new updates come out it may be fixed  but its not.
As stated in the topic in the  Live from Simple Machines... section I get
QuoteYou are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.
and in Support Information I see
QuoteVersion Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.7
Current SMF version: ??
(more detailed)

ive read all the other posts about hosts being the issue and talked to mine who is a payed site as I get on well with the owner he has been quite helpful but says the issue isn't at his end but helped me trouble shoot. What we found is that everything works great on the default theme as soon as I install a custom one I get the issue,  ive asked the question of the theme designers but they either say its a hosting issue or an smf issue is anyone aware of something in Custom theme's that could cause this?

SNAFU0185

Ok issue sorted turns out that there was a conflict between smf and the java and css for the menu from the website I added in smf answer instead of putting code form menu from website directly in index.template.php create menu.php and have an iframe call it just after this line 178-180 of index.template.php of the theme

Code: [Select]

global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

echo '

place this code

Code: [Select]

<iframe src="http://www.website.net/menu.php" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="245"></iframe>

smf now gets news etc from smf

Advertisement: