Setting up a membership category to manage member's categories

Started by DavidRMason, April 15, 2014, 10:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidRMason

I'm new to SMF and am setting up a forum for a small organisation, some of whose members have a privelege to view boards in a reserved category.

I want to set up a user who has the ability to assign individual members to this category, without giving this person full admin priveleges.

I've tried assigning the priveleges that look appropriate to this person, but it doesn't seem to give the required access.

Can anyone advise exactly which permissions this user needs to have in order to assign other members to a reserved category?

margarett

You need to create a membergroup with people who can view that category/boards.

Then you need to assign this user as the moderator of said group. So he can add/remove users from that group ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DavidRMason

I understood that a moderator was attached to a Board, not a member group.   How do I assign a moderator to a member group?   I looked in the documentation but couldn't locate anything.

player.samp

Go to Admin >>> Login (if it's needed) >>> Members >>> Membergroups >>> Look for the membergroup you want to edit, and click on the 'Modify' button >>> Then you will see that the 4th option will be "Moderators:", so just add the name(s) you want to add, and then the account(s) you add will be the moderator(s) of the specific membergroup you chose to modify.

Advertisement: