News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Any themes that actually look good?

Started by MatthewH, April 15, 2014, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewH

I'm not trying to be rude to all the theme makers out there, but I've browsed the theme directory and cant find one that actually looks good. Any good, modern themes out there for free?

Shambles

What you consider good may not be what others consider good, as demonstrated by your statement :P

RubberDucky

Quote from: MatthewH on April 15, 2014, 05:12:14 PM
I'm not trying to be rude to all the theme makers out there, but I've browsed the theme directory and cant find one that actually looks good. Any good, modern themes out there for free?

It seems as though you have a good eye for design. If you are a good designer and can make a good mockup design in Photoshop, Illustrator, GIMP, etc, then there are plenty of people here who could convert that into a fully functional SMF theme.

I was thinking of doing that, and that would be my best tip for you. If you don't like any themes, design one in a program, and get someone to convert it to an SMF theme.
My gaming forum: http://gamingforums.hostei.com. Please visit my gaming forum.
I want to become a bigforum when I grow up.

Deaks

Its easier to find a theme that is close and modify to suit needs, remember colors in most cases can be change in the index.css (style.css if using 1.x line) of course a wee bit of graphic work may need to be done.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Sparx IT Solutions

Search some themes in internet and take ideas from their,this is one of the easy way for you.

CrimeS

Best thing is to make one yourself. You'll get the theme you like for free :)

ryangassxx

Check out "inferno". I've done wonders with it. Check out BearsHQ.com [nofollow]

Advertisement: