News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

New Default Theme

Started by MatthewH, April 15, 2014, 07:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samborabora

Does the new theme use css3 heavily? Hope so, cause all of the rounded borders and header gradients could so easily work without images, and the default theme look is a great starting point, just needs to use more styling and less hard coding :D

Kindred

The theme has been completely redone
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

samborabora

Quote from: Kindred on June 19, 2014, 10:50:04 AM
The theme has been completely redone

Is there a current example of it online anywhere I can view?

Kindred

the alpha has been available on GitHub for months.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Quote from: samborabora on June 19, 2014, 10:48:02 AM
Does the new theme use css3 heavily? Hope so, cause all of the rounded borders and header gradients could so easily work without images, and the default theme look is a great starting point, just needs to use more styling and less hard coding :D

Yup, it used CSS3 right from the start. However, it also used small images to provide some falback for IE8 (which we were committed to supporting at the time 2.1 was conceived). So, the roundy stuff was CSS3 (coz IE8 can live with square corners) which meant the markup and CSS was considerably simplified, but the gradients were PNG because it was felt that a default theme should look decent on the older browser.

Advertisement: