News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to Edit Boards and Categories Look

Started by olilibob, April 15, 2014, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olilibob

I will want to Edit the boards and categories of my forum and make it look like the screenshot below instead of the normal default style. Please how can i do this?

kat

Might be best to register on their forum (Beware-Adult stuff) and asking them, because I believe that's all been custom coded.

Although, they MIGHT have used a portal and created a block, for that. I can't see a portal copyright, there, though.

olilibob

Yes i heard it was coded but the owner and another forum owner who also customized smf like that has refused to give tutorial on it, i do not know why though so thats why i came here for help. The design makes it easier for people to go through boards

kat

If you create a "Top Boards" block, in Simple Portal, you can set that to show ALL boards, if you want. Just set the "Boards to Display:" number to the total number of boards that you have.

I suspect other portals could do the same. :)

I believe that'd do what you want.

Antes

Its not that hard actually. BoardIndex.template.php file is all you need. Attached file is from default theme, and does something you need (but incomplete) - it will give you some idea how-to do it.

olilibob

Quote from: Antes on April 16, 2014, 09:00:47 AM
Its not that hard actually. BoardIndex.template.php file is all you need. Attached file is from default theme, and does something you need (but incomplete) - it will give you some idea how-to do it.

if i can find the complete boardindex.template.php file, please how will i attach it cpanel and are their other things like codes i need to tweak?

Biology Forums

Don't use cPanel. Download Filezila and access the public_html folder from there.

stylusss

Why is this look so popular in Nigerian forums?
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

olilibob

Quote from: stylusss on April 16, 2014, 07:16:45 PM
Why is this look so popular in Nigerian forums?
Because it is simpler to locate boards and their categories

olilibob

i got this from a research and would like to know if what i plan to achieve can be done that way?

1. Created a link module listing all the boards at the top below the menus on this forum.
To archive this, you will need to create a HTML portal block in your ADK potal, at the (TOP column), In this portal block you will simply link up you board using HTML tag <a href=""></a> for example
Code: [Select]

<a href="www.yoursite.com/forum/board1">News</a>
<a href="www.yoursite.com/forum/board2">Sports</a>
<a href="www.yoursite.com/forum/board3">Love</a>

Advertisement: