I messed up with my membergroups, please help.

Started by HazCP, April 16, 2014, 04:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HazCP

I was editing the regular groups, my forum admin group. I was trying to make it blue and bold, but I ended up deleting the text and now I can't edit it, it looks like this:

I don't want to reset all my groups, so how/where can I find the place in the files to edit these manually in code.

Thanks,
Haz

Kindred

Click on the modify link to the right...

Also, do note that you CAN NOT use HTML, like colors or bold in the usergroup names.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

player.samp

I had exactly the same problem as him because I used HTML tags but I fixed it via the database. You need to go to the database, find the membergroups database and edit the name via there. If you click on 'Modify' you will not get the option to change the name of the membergroup.

Right now I have on a forum few membergroups with HTML, such as <font color> and <big> , and nothing is bugged.

But what caused it to be bugged is that I have done <font color="red> , without closing it with another ".

So you need to pay attention very well to what you do because small mistakes like these can cause your membergroups to get bugged, and you will be able to fix them only via the database (anyway, it's not that hard).

Kindred

player.samp,

just because you have done something incorrect and had it work dos not mean you should encourage others to do so.

You should NEVER EVER use *ANY* HTML in the group name.
If you want the group displayed in colors, there are a few mods that do that the correct way -- which is to do it on DISPLAY, not on input.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: