News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Installed Tapatalk package and can't access forum

Started by Bodynsoil, April 17, 2014, 06:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodynsoil

I updated my forums Tapatalk and can't access the forum at all, when I type in the address all I get is a blank screen..  hxxp:snatchbox11.com/index.php [nonactive] However, when I use a backdoor link everything works fine hxxp:bodynsoil.com/smf/index.php [nonactive]. I've tried forcing the sign in to use the default theme, thinking it was a theme issue, but that won't work..

I also tried doing a fresh SMF install to no avail...

I'm desperate at this point.. well, not so much because I do have the alternate address to use, but still..

Shambles

Did you set all files & subfolders of the "mobiquo" main folder, to permissions 0755?

Bodynsoil

checked and double checked.. sigh.. I tried the "Installed a mod? Broke your forum" thread advice as well.. Still working on it..  Thanks..

Bodynsoil

I've been working to resolve this issue for days with no luck. I'm at the point of removing and completely reinstalling SMF as overwriting existing SMF files with the update didn't work.. I'm at a loss as to why when I go to my site address all I get is a blank screen.. 

Kindred

if you overwrite your forum files with a clean set of files... and you still get a blank screen... then there is something very wrong on your SERVER.

1- do you actually get a blank screen (aka the WSoD) or do you have a mostly white screen with some error text?
2- If you do get the WSoD, then php will be generating an error log somewhere on your server. Find it and look at the actual error message(s)
3- Who is your host?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Quotesnatchbox11.com/index.php However, when I use a backdoor link everything works fine bodynsoil.com/smf/index.php

Just curious... What's that all about? How are you achieving this? Could this "backdoor" be your problem? Those URLs are very different.

Bodynsoil

I have a second forum file setup linked to the same database without issue for a long time.. Once I did the Tapatalk update on the snatchbox11 address then type hxxp:www.snatchbox11.com [nonactive] into my browser I get nothing in return. My users are still able to log in using the backdoor, but I want to get back to using the correct address.

I'm using Just Host and had them take a quick look, this is their response..

"I found that a PHP error is thrown whenever you try to load hxxp:snatchbox11.com [nonactive]

The PHP error goes as follows: 

[25-Apr-2014 17:46:45] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare get_scheme_url()
(previously declared in /home3/bodynso1/public_html/snatchbox11/mobiquo/smartbanner.php:39)
in /home3/bodynso1/public_html/snatchbox11/mobiquo/smartbanner.php on line 101"

What are your suggestions?

Shambles

I think this suggests you didn't uninstall a previous version of Tapatalk before installing the same, or a newer, version. IIRC the TT installation adds entries to the integration hooks feature, and it looks like you have duplicated entries for those hooks in your database.

What I'd do, is uninstall Tapatalk then check my database table smf_settings, rows integrate_pre_includes and integrate_admin_areas to remove the references to Tapatalk.

Bodynsoil

Quote from: Shambles on April 30, 2014, 09:15:44 AM
I think this suggests you didn't uninstall a previous version of Tapatalk before installing the same, or a newer, version. IIRC the TT installation adds entries to the integration hooks feature, and it looks like you have duplicated entries for those hooks in your database.

What I'd do, is uninstall Tapatalk then check my database table smf_settings, rows integrate_pre_includes and integrate_admin_areas to remove the references to Tapatalk.

I can't access the forum to login and uninstall Tapatalk, can I do that externally or from file manager?

kat

EEK! No, I don't think so.

Are you familiar with editing php files, yourself?

If you attach smartbanner.php to your next post, we can get rid of the duplicate code. But, that's likely to just move the error to another file...

Bodynsoil

Ah mystery corrupt files...

In this case, wouldn't a clean install be best? I can easily reconfigure the mods..

Bodynsoil

I've uploaded the up update set up files, which should have reset everything, yet still nothing..
I've restored old backup files from previous to the mod update..  :-[ nothing
Here is the smartbanner.php file..

Illori

load clean files again then use http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manually_setting_a_package_installed_or_uninstalled to mark all your packages uninstalled and click the button to remove all hooks.

Bodynsoil

Illori

Bodynsoil

Quote from: Illori on April 30, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
load clean files again then use http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manually_setting_a_package_installed_or_uninstalled to mark all your packages uninstalled and click the button to remove all hooks.

I hate my life... did this.. pointed to the php file and still get nothing

kat

No backup to restore, I guess?

Could your host have one? (Some do).

Or, do you have "R1Soft Restore Backup" in the Files section of your site's CPanel?

Advertisement: