News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

new members are not getting a verificaiton e-mail

Started by alantani, April 17, 2014, 06:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

when people register for my site, i approve each one personally.  then they are supposed to get a verification email to activate their account.  i am getting emails from these guys that say that they are never getting the verification emails and still want to register.  am i missing something or is there a problem with the verification email not being send out.  help!  thanks.  alan at alantani.com [nofollow]

alantani

kat

Sorry, Al. Holiday and all that stuff. :)

Are your other mails going, OK?

alantani

i get this one every few minutes, literally hundreds a day and they say.....

QuoteThere has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues

no one else is getting any type of notification.  basically, all the notifications are down. 

Kindred

it would see that either
a- you have a badly configured mail setting
b- your host is not handling the sendmail requests
c- your host has been blacklisted, thus all of the emails form your site are getting thrown away
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alantani

mail settings have not been changed, it used to work fine.  probably another godaddy problem. 

alantani

the data base error messages have stopped.  hopefully godaddy will get their act together and the notifications will start up again. it would be nice to get things back to normal.  it's a hassle having to manually approve a half dozen new members a day. 

Advertisement: