News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2. Questions - Category Placement and Forum Layout

Started by Nakroma, April 17, 2014, 08:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakroma

Hey,

I have 2 questions.

a) The categories order themselfes after what had the last update, like if I post a thread in this category then this category is suddenly on top. Is there a way to make them static/fix? Like in any other board software? Actually this happens as well with normal boards inside categories, how can I remove this "feature" ? :/

b) Is there anyway to get a site like simplemachines.org? You know, with the board on the tab "Community", and on "Home" you have a static site etc.?

Thanks for the help in advance :)
Lg

Kindred

for #1...   what version of mySQL are you running

for #2, there are several ways to do it.  The easiest is to use a portal mod but the WIKI covers several methods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nakroma

Quote from: Kindred on April 17, 2014, 09:40:18 PM
for #1...   what version of mySQL are you running

for #2, there are several ways to do it.  The easiest is to use a portal mod but the WIKI covers several methods

#1  mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503

#2 okey thanks I'll look into that
Edit: Okey I installed SimplePortal now... but wtf? I looked into the documention and it says "this tutorial shows..." but there is no tutorial? Or am I just dumb? hxxp:puu.sh/8dCDf.png [nonactive]

Kindred

Hmmmm...  It's a known issue with some newer versions of MySQL, but in didn't think it affected 5.0

As for the portal...   Once you set one up, it allows you to create a home page before the forum index, and to use blocks there or within the forum...

See 40konline.com, for example.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nakroma

Quote from: Kindred on April 18, 2014, 07:58:06 PM
Hmmmm...  It's a known issue with some newer versions of MySQL, but in didn't think it affected 5.0

As for the portal...   Once you set one up, it allows you to create a home page before the forum index, and to use blocks there or within the forum...

See hxxp:40konline.com [nonactive], for example.

Which version does it not affect? Can I downgrade?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Nakroma

Actually... it just works now. Oo
Strange but now it just.. yeah works lol.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Advertisement: