News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

how to creat a homepage

Started by Mahm0ud15, April 17, 2014, 10:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahm0ud15

as the title say  :-\ I need help to creat a homepage plz help me, I don't want that the boards be showen on the homepage, plz help sorry for my bad english :-X and thnx

Kindred

looks at one of the portal mods -- or the homepage mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mahm0ud15

Mahm0ud15

no help ?!?? cmon please help me quick :-\ my time is satured I can't do this in any time

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Mahm0ud15

Quote from: mashby on April 18, 2014, 11:46:23 AM
Package Manager
??? ??? ??? did you read what I'm searching for ? I want to learn how to install a portal -,- not how to do somthing as Administrator, I'm waiting for help :-\ please help me guys all of you has a portal in thier forume but no one want to learn me how to install it :( why ? cmon please :-\

Irisado

A portal is a type of mod, and to install a mod, you need to use the Package Manager.  This is why Mashby referred to it above.

If you don't know how to download using the package manager, then these two wiki pages should help you:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Installation_-_How_do_I_install_a_modification
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Package_manager

Please read through these carefully.  If you don't understand specific sections, then feel free to ask questions about it, but to answer your most recent point specifically, you need to be an Administrator to install a mod, such as a portal, so learning to do something as an admin is an important part of this process.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Mahm0ud15

thnx ! that helped me but now still somthing, what's the extenction (.exe .zip .php ...) of the package file ?? I mean when I click on "Choose File" to Upload a package what's the extenction of the file ?? cuz ther is many file in the package folder :-\ please help me here please

Mahm0ud15

I did it !! my first portal  :3 :3  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you Irisado :laugh:  thank you soo much :)  big thanks  to you mashby to ;)  sorry If I desrespected you a litle bit ::)

{Completed} ;D

Kindred

Also, please note that we do not provide real time support here...   This is a forum, and the software is supported by volunteers. we all have lives outside of this site, and it is considered rude to bump in less than 24 hours, or demand an answer, at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mahm0ud15

Quote from: Kindred on April 18, 2014, 07:39:51 PM
Also, please note that we do not provide real time support here...   This is a forum, and the software is supported by volunteers. we all have lives outside of this site, and it is considered rude to bump in less than 24 hours, or demand an answer, at all.
yeah you 100% right I know that, sorry again :)

Advertisement: