News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Registration for a new user with error message

Started by newbie2014, April 18, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbie2014

I have a problem with registration. After I installed SMF 2.0.7 successfully, it seemed everything alright to log in  as an administrator. But I could not register myself a test account in localhost and got some errors. Please check error message below

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=518118.0;attach=230189;image

I checked the database and found my test account already inserted in the database. So I still can log in using my test account.  I am wondering why I get the warning on the screen. Does any expert please tell me how to correct these errors and remove this warning to let new users know the successful result of registration?  Thank you for the help.

kat

Ask your host to edit php.ini, to extend the max_execution_time (The default's usually 30 seconds).

Expect them to want paying, though, if they're a bad host. :(

margarett

Are you testing in your local machine with WAMP?

I seem to recall someone having problems with the latest WAMP version and latest SMF... Not sure, though :P

Is there anything in your error logs? If you are using localhost, I'm guessing that you might be hitting a timeout in (trying to) send mail.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

newbie2014

Quote from: K@ on April 19, 2014, 07:12:26 AM
Ask your host to edit php.ini, to extend the max_execution_time (The default's usually 30 seconds).

Expect them to want paying, though, if they're a bad host. :(

Awesome! It works properly without any warning after I change the default value of php.ini. Thank you for the great help!

BTW, may I ask another question about the Recapcha part of register.template.php? I tried another theme with google's Recapcha but I still prefer the original default Recapcha image style. I am wondering if I can keep this default Recapcha part but I don't know how to apply it to the new theme. Hopefully, somebody can tell me how to keep the default Recapcha on the registration page. Thanks for any help.

kat

Quote from: newbie2014 on April 20, 2014, 10:03:38 PMAwesome! It works properly without any warning after I change the default value of php.ini. Thank you for the great help!

Quote from: newbie2014 on April 20, 2014, 10:03:38 PMmay I ask another question about the Recapcha part of register.template.php? I tried another theme with google's Recapcha but I still prefer the original default Recapcha image style. I am wondering if I can keep this default Recapcha part but I don't know how to apply it to the new theme. Hopefully, somebody can tell me how to keep the default Recapcha on the registration page. Thanks for any help.

I'm afraid you've lost me, with that.

SMF has it's own CAPTCHA. What's with the Google thing? A mod, or something?

newbie2014

Quote from: K@ on April 21, 2014, 05:15:16 AM
SMF has it's own CAPTCHA. What's with the Google thing? A mod, or something?

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I tried to adopt SMF's CAPTCHA to the new theme after I installed a mod with Google reCAPTCHA. Could you please tell me how to keep SMF's CAPTCHA for my new theme?

kat

Ah. If it was a mod, they aren't added to themes, unless the theme are installed, before the mod.

Might be easiest to backup, uninstall the mod, then install it, again, but set it to install on the new theme.

The other way is to look at the mod's parser, which is on the mod's page, just below the download link, and do the theme edits, manually.

Kindred

do note, though...   that SMF's default captcha - as with most captchas these days) is nearly pointless.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: