News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: [HELP] Can't install packages!

Started by Talk of the Mountain, April 18, 2014, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talk of the Mountain

Good morning, everyone.

I'm having similar problems trying to install Ohara YouTube Embed. I was successful installing Aeva Media months ago, but I can't get it to work so I thought I'd give Ohara a try.

Please keep in mind I have no knowledge how to work on this program and I have relied in the past on my host, however, he is not familiar with SMF and can't help me with this problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

When I try to install the program, I get the following page seen in the screen shot.

Kindred

Your problem, by your post, has nothing at all to do with the thread that you originally posted in.

Your problem is very clearly indicated by the error message...  By you need to make the packages directory and subdirectories writable.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Talk of the Mountain

Thank you for your reply.

How do I make the directory and subdirectories writable?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Advertisement: