mutiple unblocked IP address in cpanel

Started by aquascape, April 19, 2014, 12:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquascape

Hi,
I used cpanel to blocked IP addresses from bot,spammer and whatever caused bandwidth usage over limit (which I believe this way is the best way to screen normal user to visit my forum) but in fact, too many normal IP addresses also blocked by this action.

when I want to reactivate (unblocked) some of them. I can only do one by one url. (when I blocked them I can block ranges of them. I am asking how to remove blocked multiple IP in cpanel in one time. Or are there any other ways to increase forum visits.

dougiefresh

Several SMF mods come to mind:
- Forum Firewall v1.1.6 - Advanced Incoming Traffic Security
- Stop Forum Spam v1.0 - Stop Forum Spam detect spam and block registration
- httpBL v2.5.1 - Mod to stop spammers from even viewing a forum using Project Honey Pot's database
- notCaptcha v1.06 - Captcha that requires human intelligence
- Akismet Spam Protection -  SMF modification implementing the Akismet spam protection service.

Increasing results from search engines:
- Optimus Brave - Helps you solve some problems associated with indexing of your forum by search engines
- SEO sitemap and XML sitemap - SEO sitemap and XML sitemap - better board indexing for bots

A mod to detect spiders:
- More Spiders v1.2 - Adds 83 more spiders/crawlers to your Spiders section in SMF

Regarding cpanel, I don't have any idea....  Contact your host for assistance, maybe....

Kindred

blocking by IP should be a LAST RESORT... and you should almost never block ranges --  especially since many spammers are done from corrupted systems, which means that the IP itself is not actually a spammer's IP
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: