News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Selecting a moderator breaks the board order.

Started by StallionFire, April 20, 2014, 02:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StallionFire

If I select a user to moderate a specific board, that board then displays at the top of the forums, first in line, and it still shows the order the boards are suppose to be in, in the admin section.

so how can I fix this?   I basically go to the  admin, forum, boards, modify boards and then select modify next to the board to add the moderator.

After I add the moderator it messes up the board order.  If I delete the moderator it goes back to normal.

I am using smf 2.0.7 and sinister template.  I have simple portal, Ohara youtube embed, simple colorizer, and SMF gallery lite installed.

margarett

That's a known problem with MySQL 5.6 and the way SMF gets the board order.

The easiest fix for now (until something official is decided) is to edit Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php and add the explicit ORDER BY at the query.
Try the file attached here (don't forget to rename it)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=519453.msg3679841#msg3679841
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

margarett

MySQL 5.6, no matter which SMF version. Even 2.1 has this issue

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

99 Cents

You basically need to grant them as moderator, then switch them back to user.

margarett

margarett

Advertisement: