Bug after deleting old topics

Started by mrNiceguy, April 20, 2014, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrNiceguy

Hello guys,

ok please help me with this.

I have decided to delete topics older than 730 days and I have done it how it is explained here:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Forum_Maintenance

Under "removing old topics"

I have marked

Remove all topics not posted in for xx (I have placed 730)  days, which are:

Locked. (i have marked that)

But don't count stickied topics. (marked that to)

And then I chosed from the list what boards I want to include.

Now, I have done it once, but then when I checked it, I saw, that some posts in locked topics from 2009 are still there so I have decided to do it again, on the same way. I have done it on the same way I did first time. But this time after I checked the board I saw it clean = all topics were deleted, complete section.

Then, after I investigated a bit, I saw that threads are still inside but they are not visible, I mean I can find them by searching my moderators lasts posts and I can even post there but they are not visible if you are looking at forum.

Does anyone knows how to fix this please I would be so thankful because I need topics from this year.

(and worst of all I have not backuped anything before I did this)

Please help me.

Thx

p.s. btw in that boards I can make as much topics I want but only page nr 1 is visible, everything after is not :S

Shambles

Are you sure the topics aren't being found in your recycle bin?

mrNiceguy

No, they are not in recycle bin.

But why am I not able to see pages 2,3,4,5...... in those boards that is the question also.

margarett

can you try to recount forum totals?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mrNiceguy

Ye, after I researched a bit my friend told me that I should go in database and then count how much topic and posts were in those boards and them add that amount on counter manually.

But this is bug that should be fixed by smf.

Thx for respond.

margarett

I would need to try and reproduce this myself... I've never seen this error before so I'm not sure if it is a bug...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: