File: ***/Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php
Line: 1441
Code (find) Select
$which = $txt[ $context['edit'] ? 'edit_message' : 'new_message' ];
Code (correct) Select
$which = $txt[ isset($context['edit']) ? 'edit_message' : 'new_message' ];

2. Add a filter to "Quote to ALL" (see screenshot):
Code (find) Select
<li class="quote_button"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm;sa=send;f=', $context['folder'], $context['current_label_id'] != -1 ? ';l=' . $context['current_label_id'] : '', ';pmsg=', $message['id'], ';quote;u=all">', $txt['quote_to_all'], '</a></li>
Code (correct) Select
' . !empty($message['recipients']['to']) ? count($message['recipients']['to']) != 1 ? '<li class="quote_button"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=pm;sa=send;f=' . ($context['folder'] . $context['current_label_id'] != -1 ? ';l=' . $context['current_label_id'] : '') . ';pmsg=' . $message['id'] . ';quote;u=all">' . $txt['quote_to_all'] . '</a></li>' : '' : '';

3. Button "Reply to All" duplicate "Quote to ALL"

dougiefresh

I'll look at all three issues....

dougiefresh

@Geor'G:  I've incorporated the first two code changes, as they actually make sense (especially since a bug-free installation is much desired!).

Quote from: Geor'G on May 19, 2015, 07:06:13 AM
3. Button "Reply to All" duplicate "Quote to ALL"
I strongly disagree with this statement.  "Quote to All" creates a new PM, quoting that particular message, to all conversation recipients (I think that's the right word to use here), whereas "Reply to All" simply creates an EMPTY PM, populating the recipients with everyone in that conversation.  Two different, yet similar, functions are being discussed here....

harsh21

Lovely & very useful mod.

Thanks

Batrachian

Hi, currently I am trying to install the "Enhanced PM System" in my forums, but i have some strange issues.

There are some messages in my system already, and they are shown correctly.

BUT when I am trying to write a message (reply or new one), the screen is blank after I hit the send button. (Screenshot "AfterReply")

No Error message whatsoever is shown. (I also tried using different templates, none worked)

I am running SMF 2.0.10 with the following mods:

1.   Enhanced PM Popup   1.0.1     [ Deinstallieren ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]
2.   Aeva Media   1.4c     [ Deinstallieren ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]
3.   SMF Post Prefix   1.0     [ Deinstallieren ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]
4.   Enhanced PM System   2.8   [ Modifikation installieren ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]
5.   Voter Visibility   2.0     [ Deinstallieren ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]
6.   SimplePortal   2.3.6     [ Deinstallieren ] [ Dateien auflisten ] [ Löschen ]

Kardamilas

Goodevening,

i am running SMF 2.0.8 to my forum and i am trying to install that mod but i am getting error.
I guess its not safe to install.
Any other with the same issue?

dougiefresh

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you lately, as I've been working somewhere around 100 hours in the last 10 days....  I'll look into the bug report(s) that y'all have reported....

dougiefresh

Quote from: Kardamilas on June 01, 2015, 07:35:23 AM
i am running SMF 2.0.8 to my forum and i am trying to install that mod but i am getting error.
I guess its not safe to install.
Any other with the same issue?
Without a copy of Sources/PersonalMessage.php and more information (like an installed mod list), it would be impossible for me to diagnose the issue with your install.  But that operation centers on the "PM has been Sent" message displayed after sending a PM, and changes it so that it can return multiple messages, depending on what is being done.  Your suggestion that it is "not safe to install" is questionable, as it is more of a cosmetic issue than a functionality issue.

All that being said, you should also upgrade your forum from 2.0.8 to v2.0.10, as there are some security issues that have been resolved in those patches...

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.0 - June 5th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1.
o Added dropdown box for PM quick reply options in the PM Settings page.
o Added PM quick reply form to the PM discussion page.
o Added missing checkbox for option to disable blocking PMs from admin.
o Seperated the settings into their own page under Modifications => Enhanced PM.
o Converted "Deny Edit", "Deny Unsend" and "Block 1st Day" checkboxes into group-based permissions.
o Moved CSS modifications into their own CSS file.
o Moved language modifications into their own language file.
o Incorporated bug fix and quote-to-all functionality change suggested by "Geor'G".
o Fixed some undefined variable/element errors in the "pretty-fied" Search PM area.
o Reinserted the "Move PMs into folders" operation back into the SMF 2.0 install file.
o NOTE: Upgrade not possible from version 2.8 because of language and CSS file changes.

@Everybody: This update has been left cooking for a while, and I decided it was well past time to reveal the modifications I've been working on....  The "moving PMs" feature that was removed in v2.8 has been reintroduced, but it doesn't yet work in SMF 2.1 Beta 1.

@Batrachian: Let me know if this update solves the problems you're seeing.  I'll be looking to see if I can figure out what is going on, as well...  Thanks!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.1 - June 8th, 2015
o Added additional restriction so PM Quick Reply isn't shown if no PMs are present.
o Fixed undefined index error in PersonalMessage.template.php for SMF 2.0.

@rjen

Great Mod, thanks for fixing the undefined index error, that was annoying.

Now that the language strings are separated out into one file I translated the EnhancedPMSystem.english file to Dutch. EnhancedPMSystem.dutch.php

Find attached the correct translations. Just copy this file to folder: Themes > default > languages and it works...

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.1.1 - July 6th, 2015
o Added Dutch translation, courtsey of @rjen

@rjen:  Thank you for the translation!  It's been included in version 3.1.1.

@rjen

Glad to be able to contribute!
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

ormuz

Sweet mod!

Question, the option to show the last messages on top, should be separate from list and view. While it makes sense to see newest to oldest on the list, on the view always make sense to see oldest to newest (at least in conversation mode).

Any quick hack here to reorder the list?
while ($message = $context['get_pmessage']('subject'))

Or the list should be order with the last "update" message, like the forum topics...

dougiefresh

Quote from: ormuz on August 05, 2015, 10:12:30 AM
Sweet mod!

Question, the option to show the last messages on top, should be separate from list and view. While it makes sense to see newest to oldest on the list, on the view always make sense to see oldest to newest (at least in conversation mode).

Any quick hack here to reorder the list?
while ($message = $context['get_pmessage']('subject'))

Or the list should be order with the last "update" message, like the forum topics...
???   Hmmmm....  I thought this was done already.  I'll update the mod so that the option to list the PM conversations newest to oldest is seperate from
the conversation messages....

EDIT: Obviously I never got around to it....  I apologize about that!

Quote from: ormuz on August 05, 2015, 02:15:09 PM
I've found the solution to my request here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=521508.msg3739709#msg3739709
IMHO, the post you mentioned is more of a hack than a proper solution....

DSystem

I tested and loved this mod. ;)

But I have a problem with comparability with mod "Slash through Banned Usernames" -> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2266

It would be possible to leave this mod compatible with it?

dougiefresh

Let me see what I can do about this....

dougiefresh

Quote from: DSystem on August 07, 2015, 01:20:58 PM
I tested and loved this mod. ;)
Thank you!

Quote from: DSystem on August 07, 2015, 01:20:58 PM
But I have a problem with comparability with mod "Slash through Banned Usernames" -> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2266

It would be possible to leave this mod compatible with it?
That's done for version 3.2....  Once I get the other feature request complete, I'll release the new version....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.2 - August 7th, 2015
o Modifications made so that it can be installed beside "Slash through Banned Usernames" mod.
o Changed "most recent personal message" into "most recent conversation" on PM settings page.
o Added "Show most recent personal messages in conversation at top" to PM settings page.

@Everybody: I apologize to everybody that was waiting for the ability to sort individual conversations separate from the list of conversations.

Advertisement: