News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AJAX Chat 0.8.7 Error On SMF 2.0.7 Help Needed

Started by GamePersia, April 21, 2014, 02:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamePersia

AJAX Chat 0.8.7 Error On SMF 2.0.7 Help Needed :-
Downloaded AJAX Chat for smf.
uploaded chat folder to server, according to manual.
then gone to www.sitename.com/chat/install.php
after that gone to www.sitename.com/chat/index.php
So if logging to ajax chat page,..it's redirecting back to site home page !!
Kindly help for the fix of this error !!
Buddies : @k, Diego, Kindred, br360, mashby and Illori. :-*
not calling margarett as he is less expert in this problem  :'(

br360

Did you create the database tables and configure chat to those tables?

Honestly it would probably just be a lot easier if you used this ajax chat mod that adds the db tables already- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

GamePersia

Quote from: br360 on April 21, 2014, 03:03:23 AM
Did you create the database tables and configure chat to those tables?

Honestly it would probably just be a lot easier if you used this ajax chat mod that adds the db tables already- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319
well,..by going to /install.php
it said db tables created. !!
moreover bud,..the link you have given is 0.8.7 version ??

NanoSector

Please contact the mod author in the mods support thread.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

GamePersia

Quote from: Yoshi on April 21, 2014, 05:33:51 AM
Please contact the mod author in the mods support thread.
Contacted, but he is so lazy that he is not replying back.. :P

Kindred

that does not change the fact that mod specific questions belong in the support topic for that mod....    If the mod author doesn't respond fast enough for you, then don't use the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

Great to know that I have been searching for the answer to this issue for the last 4 Hours, and I run across, THIS! (A Couple Times)

Ummm, If I could find an answer from the MOD DEV I would, and Actually, The Straight one (Just a Simple Directory Drop for the AJAX CHAT DEV), Works Fine, I went to this "MOD" Because I couldn't figure how to I guess "
HOOK" it into SMF so my users don't have to Register for the chat if they already are registered for the forum....(Bridges and Integration)

So This May Be Out of Place, And please Don't Direct Me To the Integration Link (or hooks), Been there, Done That, My Question is, Simply, What Is the Variable that's used in SMF 2.0.9. for A Registered user check (I.E. $USER_STATUS=) so I can mod what I need to, to make it work..

Thanks

Mike

EDIT: My Error
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

And this is fixed (as Per GIT Tracker) to set error report to (0), So now maybe my problem is seen, I have the same error with the mod, but that don't fix it... So really Just need to know How (a Link is GREAT!) to make it so when my "Memebers" click the chat link, I can make it so CHAT Variables = SMF Variables for the Group (Permissions) of the user..

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 21, 2014, 07:25:51 AM
that does not change the fact that mod specific questions belong in the support topic for that mod....    If the mod author doesn't respond fast enough for you, then don't use the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

Hey,

I've revisited this MOD (0.8.7), and finally got it to work (Maybe this didn't exist before, dunno I didn't check) But the Solution is here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766

If you'd like to split this off to another topic it's up to you, I didn't want to clutter the Forum with a new post if no one else is looking for this...

Thanks,

Mike

Advertisement: