News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

best site for templates

Started by komalsharma1122, April 21, 2014, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

komalsharma1122

Hi friends,

I am new in this site and I want to know that which one is the best site for  free use the templates ?

Antes

Deaks

the site Antes is the best also try DzinerStudio's they also have a few nice free themes.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TheListener

Quote from: Μπράιαν Poύνικ Ντίκεν on April 22, 2014, 08:13:43 PM
the site Antes is the best also try DzinerStudio's they also have a few nice free themes.

dziners themes are debatable IMO.

Deaks

still nicer than alot of what is on the Theme Site lol
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

TheListener

Deaks

thats true their free ones are quite identical and boxy, they need a few unique free ones but cant see that happening :(
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

TheListener

Even the paid themes are something to be desired.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

adiproject

kat

We already have...

* K@ smells Spam...

ryangassxx

The thing I love about SMF and the themes is how easily editable they are.. When shopping a theme, pick something that has the basic look and framework that you like, then go in and start changing the CSS and images for your own..

Check out http://bearshq.com [nofollow]

That's the inferno template from dzinerstudios, but I've reworked it quite a bit and made it my own. I'd put this finished product up against anything running phpbb, invision, or vbullitin, any day of the week..

HDTVSPACE

Quote from: komalsharma1122 on April 21, 2014, 09:27:08 AM
Hi friends,

I am new in this site and I want to know that which one is the best site for  free use the templates ?

This was also my question after years using SMF.

There are no really good and modern styled themes available with responsive design, HTML 5 and CSS3. Hey, it is 2014!

You have to do it at your own. I have spent many hours, days, weekends... to tune this whole php and css hell of SMF and get a responsive design with media queries, css3 and html5.

The most themes are only styles, other images, colors, other fonts and a little bit css corrections. Really good examples are missing, thats why no one more is using SMF.

Problem are the source templates and sources full of bad styles directly in the php files. There are html tags for an 13 years old browser named IE6 direct coded every span of h3 titles... argghh... that says all.

Look at hxxp:css-tricks.com [nonactive] and  hxxp:tympanus.net/codrops/category/tutorials/ [nonactive] for further tips and hints with wonderful html5 and css3 examples, dear developers.

PS: Admin of this SMF form: Have you ever tried to read the verification code on an 27 inch iMac? It's a pain, sorry... try random questions instead.

Deaks

Quote from: HDTVSPACE on May 03, 2014, 03:16:47 PM

PS: Admin of this SMF form: Have you ever tried to read the verification code on an 27 inch iMac? It's a pain, sorry... try random questions instead.

When I was PM here this came up alot, the answer I gave is one you will most likley get now aswell ... not going to happen.

Considering this is an international forum, many users come in and dont speak English to a high enough level, questions and answers can get lost in translation aswell, this means that they will not be able to answer the questions.  See the issue that arrises :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: