News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search Feature Problem with MySQL 5x

Started by berkazerka, April 21, 2014, 12:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berkazerka

Hi, I'm using SMF 2.0.7 (Having recently upgraded from 1.1.X) with a version: 5.0.95 MySQL DB

My forum is here @ hxxp:bountyheadbebop.com/forum/ [nonactive]

---

I have an interesting problem that I am trying to resolve (understanding that SMF does not officially work with MySQL 4.1.x or 5.0.x).

For some reason, I can't use the Forum Search Function (nor could I with SMF 1.1.X). Whenever anyone tires, they get the following Error:

>>>This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.<<<

It should be noted that no Error Message is actually generated in my Forum Logs though.

I am however able to Search Members and use other Admin-type Searches.

I talked to my Service Provider to see if something was happening on their end and everything appears normal.

I've tried setting up a Custom Search Index too, but still get the same results.

Any ideas?

margarett

Well, your host should be able to tell you what causes an error 500. Have them to look at server logs.
SMF does work with MySQL 5.0 --> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Requirements_and_recommendations
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

berkazerka

Thanks for the reply  :)

When I asked my Service Provider about it, they said -

>>>Thank you for your patience. It looks like the issue is related to programing error with your php file. Unfortunately, we do not support coding. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.<<<

While, I'm not really sure how useful this info is - which php file is the one related to search? the Obvious two are Search.php & DbSearch-mysql.php

Also, what tells SMF to use the MySQL php vs. the postgresql or slite?

margarett

They need to point *WHAT* caused the error. It's easy to say that the error comes from the outside...
(do note, I'm not saying the problem isn't SMF, but the search do work in thousands of setups out there...)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: