Profile - Action - Send Personal Message not working

Started by SatTrkr, April 23, 2014, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SatTrkr

I am the administrator of a new forum. When I have a new user registering I go to "Profile" - "Action" - "Send Personal Message" and send them a personal message related to the registration. I click on Send and the message says it is sent. This message is in my Sent folder. However, I noticed I was getting no responses from any of about 15 new registrations that I sent messages to in this manner. So I generated a secondary user here (actually me as a regular user - i.e. not administrator) and then I logged in as administrator and sent a message the same way to this secondary user. After 15 minutes no messages were received confirming that this method of sending messages is not working.

I was able to send a message via the path of "Profile" - "Summary" and clicking on the email address and sending a message - that works okay so I now use this method.

I am using SMF version 2.0.7 on a Windows 7 machine and my email provider is Outlook Express Classic (an Outlook Express replacement).

Regards,

John Eccles
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Kindred

Sending a personal message does not send an email unless you have the notification turned on in your profile..,   

In other words, you sent a personal message and it went to the user's forum account but never generated an email...   But it still went to the users pm box.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SatTrkr

Okay, thanks for that info. I will give that a try and test in tomorrow morning.

John
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

SatTrkr

Yes, it did go to his personal account. Thank you for clearing that up.

John

Advertisement: