News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

top section part height varies

Started by aquascape, April 24, 2014, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquascape

Hi,
I am now using 2.0.7 current SMF theme. Some time I have height of the heading part of the forum changed but some time s not. It causes menu shifted to the edge as in attachment. How can I change or fix the height so the location of the menu is properly located?

margarett

Can you find any relation with the height of the news box at the right side?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aquascape

Quote from: margarett on April 24, 2014, 06:29:25 AM
Can you find any relation with the height of the news box at the right side?
I am finding but I am not expert on the coding/programming. However I notice that on the right, where there are multiple lines (from news that 's changed when each refresh ). The menu drop to lower position. When only one line showed on the right, the menu in the correct position.

Antes

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aquascape

I blocked ranges of ip address so one may be yours.  :-[ pls give me your ip so I can unblock it. The theme is the current SMF theme. (same as this forum)

margarett

It can't be. This theme has no icons on the menu...

Antes

I suggest you to adjust your logo to smaller size (190x55)

aquascape

margarett

Which MOD? I'm trying to reproduce the issue in my test forum...

aquascape

the mod is "simple menu icon".
I noticed that it will depend on the width of screen. When open in a comp with larger width, the news lines (on the right side) reduced to one line. This shifted the menu row up to the correct position. This is what I want.

For narrower screen, the lines ( same wordings) have more than one line ( 2-3 lines depends on the width) which will shift the height of this part and push the menu row down.

So may be we need to do something with the height/width variables codes .The height should increase according to news lines increase.
What do you think???

Advertisement: