Want To Remove Some Extra Boxes.Help Needed

Started by GamePersia, April 24, 2014, 08:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamePersia

In modification settings >MISCELLANEOUS, i have some extra boxes,...i don't know how they came !
Kindly help me to remove them.

Kindred

1- you have been around long enough that you should know how to properly title a request for help.    "kindly help buddies" is **NOT** a good title.

2- you installed a mod but did not install the language strings for that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GamePersia

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 08:23:42 AM
1- you have been around long enough that you should know how to properly title a request for help.    "kindly help buddies" is **NOT** a good title.

2- you installed a mod but did not install the language strings for that mod.
1- Ok  :-[

2- I need solution to fix it !!  :-*

Kindred

figure out which mod it was
parse the mod so you can see what language strings are missing
add those language strings to the modifications.YOURLANGUAGE.php file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

if the strings are missing, your smf error log should have some related errors that can help you figure out which mod is causing the issue.

GamePersia

Quote from: Illori on April 24, 2014, 08:41:20 AM
if the strings are missing, your smf error log should have some related errors that can help you figure out which mod is causing the issue.
i really not able to trace our that sick mod !!
kindly help to find what was that mod !!

Kindred

we have no idea.

YOU installed the mod(s), (and you should be checking for functionality after you install each one.)
how are we supposed to figure out what mods you may have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

GamePersia

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 09:07:04 AM
we have no idea.

YOU installed the mod(s), (and you should be checking for functionality after you install each one.)
how are we supposed to figure out what mods you may have installed?
o i am asking in error log,...what should be it ?
Critical error,..or what type of error ?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

so?   parse that mod and add the missing strings to modifications.YOURLANGUAGE.php - if they are indeed missing.
Слaва
Украинi

GamePersia

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 09:28:40 AM
so?   parse that mod and add the missing strings to modifications.YOURLANGUAGE.php - if they are indeed missing.
i have uninstalled it,..so by adding missing strings will they disappear ??

Kindred

???   If you uninstalled it, then nothing should be appearing (no text and no boxes)

If boxes are still showing, then either a) you did not fully uninstall the mod or b) the missing strings are from a different mod
Слaва
Украинi

GamePersia

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 09:41:25 AM
???   If you uninstalled it, then nothing should be appearing (no text and no boxes)

If boxes are still showing, then either a) you did not fully uninstall the mod or b) the missing strings are from a different mod
:o what you thought ??
i have installed a mod and it's showing blank boxes ?? :laugh:
Bud uninstalled certain mods and got this error !!
i think it's cbp mod which created this error !!
Hope you will help to fix it !!
And i uninstall all mod's properly !!

Kindred

Quote from: GamePersia on April 24, 2014, 09:43:36 AM
And i uninstall all mod's properly !!

ummm..... obviously not.  Since properly uninstalled mods do not leave empty boxes behind.

If you uninstalled the mod and it left stuff behind, then you are going to have to MANUALLY edit to code in the proper locations to remove the left-over mod code.

in this case - it looks like code was left over in admin.php
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: