Upgrade to mysql 5.1. and higher php - how to check site will still work ok?

Started by Pudders, April 24, 2014, 09:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

Hi,

I have been having issues on my main website and after checking with my web hosts they have said the following:

QuoteIn order to fix the issue with the upcp, we will need to upgrade the version of mysql to 5.1 and also, the php version 5.2.17 is no longer supported with cpanel.
Please confirm, if your application have any compatibility issue with latest versions of php.

I am now worried sick as have no idea how to check everything will run the same on the newer version - is there a way I can check this before giving them the go ahead? It looks like I have to do this upgrade as my card payment set-up on my main website has stopped working and they say this is the only way to fix it.

Am having a mild panic attack here trying to work it out so any help would be appreciated.

My forum is hairdyeforum dot com and was recently upgraded to 2.0

Kindred

5.2 is definitely outdated.

It depends what they mean by "latest" version.

SMF (all versions) will work just fine with php versions up to 5.4.
If you are running php 5.5, you will need smf version 2.0.7

and it will also run with mySQL up to 5.5 without issues...   there have been a few quirks noticed with mySQL 5.6
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Pudders

Thank you so much for your help - I can start breathing normally again lol :)

I am waiting on confirmation from another site that my shopping cart site will also work on these versions and will then give the go ahead to upgrade it all - thanks again :)

Antes

Pudders

Thanks for all your help - I cannot use mySQL5.5 due to restrictions on my main website software, but have told my webhost they can do the upgrade to their recommended settings.

Thanks again for the quick replies x

Advertisement: