403 Forbidden

Started by marzen224, April 24, 2014, 02:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marzen224

Hello,

On my forum at www.marzen224.co.uk/forum [nofollow] when trying to create a new category in the admin area, i cannot because i get a 403 Forbidden page.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edit: i forgot to say i have added that code into my .htaccess and i have also got my hosting company to disable mod_security

Kindred

except...    since you are still getting that error, it is obvious that your host HAS NOT disabled mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

marzen224

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 03:35:16 PM
except...    since you are still getting that error, it is obvious that your host HAS NOT disabled mod_security

but they have...

Kindred

the evidence suggests otherwise.

mod_security is the KNOWN cause of the categories issue... and it is the ONLY known cause.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

...unless they haven't given you full CHOWN ownership of your files, perhaps?

marzen224

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 03:39:32 PM
the evidence suggests otherwise.

mod_security is the KNOWN cause of the categories issue... and it is the ONLY known cause.

Mod_Security has been disabled... should i re-install the forum?

kat

Did you read my post?

Nope. Reinstalling won't change a thing.

Kindred

k@...   chown changes have no effect on the categories.

The ONLY cause for a 403 error on categories is mod_security.
Слaва
Украинi

marzen224

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2014, 07:06:32 PM
k@...   chown changes have no effect on the categories.

The ONLY cause for a 403 error on categories is mod_security.

mod_security is disabled, i have the .htaccess code, and i do have full ownership...

kat

Odd... The only other thing, that I can think of, is your file permissions. Bit of a long-shot, though.

If you go to Admin>Package Manager>File Permissions and set that to the "Standard" profile, that should sort it, if it is that...

marzen224

Quote from: K@ on April 25, 2014, 11:32:32 AM
Odd... The only other thing, that I can think of, is your file permissions. Bit of a long-shot, though.

If you go to Admin>Package Manager>File Permissions and set that to the "Standard" profile, that should sort it, if it is that...

Nope... i even tried "free" and that did not work...

Kindred

Ok... let's try this again.

1- who is your host?
2- how do you "know" that mod_security is disabled?
Слaва
Украинi

marzen224

Quote from: Kindred on April 25, 2014, 01:34:52 PM
Ok... let's try this again.

1- who is your host?
2- how do you "know" that mod_security is disabled?

1. My host is unlimited web hosting (http://www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk/ [nofollow])
2. Multiple support staff have told me it is disabled.

marzen224

Has now been solved, had to get my account fully reset.

Advertisement: