News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF a lot down and slow recently?

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, April 26, 2014, 03:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Any clues about what is going on to the smf server? I have been experiencing (and still am, sometimes) a lot of problems in even viewing pages since yesterday!
I guess it's not me because my internet hit 14 MBs on SpeedTest and i tried several browsers as well.. My colleague also had them so i am pretty sure it's not me..
Hopefully you are not being ddossed and it's just some stability-issue only :(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Shambles

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sorry for the wrong section, didn't find this one (too many!!!)
Btw i can barely reply because it's loading in like 5 minutes per page, I'm connecting from Italy with no proxy and my connection is still hitting 14Mb at speedtest and any other site is working... >.<
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

LiroyvH

I heard one other person mention this, but it is impossible to replicate the issue. Everything seems to be working just fine.
If it happens again, please copy the "page generation" time and run a traceroute; then send that in a PM to me.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: CoreISP on April 26, 2014, 08:33:10 PM
I heard one other person mention this, but it is impossible to replicate the issue. Everything seems to be working just fine.
If it happens again, please copy the "page generation" time and run a traceroute; then send that in a PM to me.
Copy that man i'll do it if it happens again, besides luckily it has been working quite fine in the last hours :D but if that happens again i'll do that.

EDIT: At the moment it shows me like 20/30 ms over 9 hops so a normal ping. I'll tell you if it raises. But just so you know it took me like 4 hours to see (and sometimes install relative mods) over 54 pages.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Might be a server on the route, perhaps. I've been finding the place tortuous, for nearly a week, myself.

Doing both a tracert and a ping give timeouts.

LiroyvH

But just so you know it took me like 4 hours to see (and sometimes install relative mods) over 54 pages.

Installing mods is not related to our servers though, if you encounter slow loads with your own SMF installation you should be looking at your server/host. :)

Doing both a tracert and a ping give timeouts.

That's normal, ICMP traffic is dropped.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: CoreISP on April 27, 2014, 12:43:03 PM
But just so you know it took me like 4 hours to see (and sometimes install relative mods) over 54 pages.

Installing mods is not related to our servers though, if you encounter slow loads with your own SMF installation you should be looking at your server/host. :)
Sorry my bad i was not clear in that statement.
I was not searching the mods from inside my own forum because if i click the "new feature" button it gives me this error
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3542 bytes) in Unknown on line 0"
Some time ago it was saying that the error was related to a function (something like failed to allocate bytes for a function in line 1) in subs.php but the insane thing is that i have no errors in my error log except one related to the "email inactive users" mod, not related to this thing as its installation took place after the error occurred. This thing has been happening before the installation of all of my mods, i'm using the default theme so i have no idea why it is happening. Of course as a workaround i downloaded all mods one by one and uploaded them as .rar, a bit boring but at least it worked. Sorry for the slightly off-topic thing, back to the subject now: as you may have already understood i was downloading all the mods from THIS LIST, actually www.simplemachines.org so the data exchange was between my browser and your host, my host didn't matter in that.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Quote from: CoreISP on April 27, 2014, 12:43:03 PMThat's normal, ICMP traffic is dropped.

Oh, bugger! Of course it is! Ta, matey!

青山 素子

Quote from: K@ on April 27, 2014, 02:42:12 PM
Quote from: CoreISP on April 27, 2014, 12:43:03 PMThat's normal, ICMP traffic is dropped.

Oh, bugger! Of course it is! Ta, matey!

That's what MTR is for. (For Windows, there is WinMTR.)
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Kindred

don't use the mod list in the package manager...  that is a bad way to do things - because it *IS* going through your server...

your browser to your server to our server and back to your server before displaying in your browser...
And we know that the mod lists done that way CAN run your server out of memory...

If you want to find a mod - come directly to the site and look
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on April 30, 2014, 12:28:33 AM
don't use the mod list in the package manager...  that is a bad way to do things - because it *IS* going through your server...

your browser to your server to our server and back to your server before displaying in your browser...
And we know that the mod lists done that way CAN run your server out of memory...

If you want to find a mod - come directly to the site and look
Freaking useful info, big up for that! Thanks! I'll do that way! :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Didn't happen again in the latest days so i will mark this as solved. I am not editing my previous post because adding a new one will show you unread replies. Feel free to merge my latest 2 messages after a while.
Happy that it might have been a server on the route perhaps as "K@" said. Thanks anyway for the assistance and also thanks Kindred for telling me the reason of my off-topic error. :D

[EDIT] I guess this board does not allow topics being solved because i can't select it. Well consider it as solved anyhow.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: