To add (Solved) to all the questions using this SMF

Started by jraju, April 27, 2014, 07:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jraju

Hi, First i wish to thank that i found most reputable blogs are using this SMF, and it is very simple and free from other attacks.
                   While visiting one of the forum that use SMF I found that an add-on or a software update by you to add a button to add (Solved) by the asker of a query or the administrator is one of the feature, I did not find. Normally when one searches with Google, he adds Solved before the query, so when googled would easily be shown in the search engine first browser pages. So if a solution has already found for some tech problem, then if the asker press this button or choose a menu from drop down menu, then it gets added to the question and one knows, whether the thread ends or not. I found most of the threads are continuing even when one gets the solution, and that solution is real.
                           So would any community senior member, say whether this feature is enabled in this SMF package and tell the link or could provide as software update on to the existing SMF versions. If it has already been enabled, then would kindly let me know the version.
                             It would be a valuable add on if it includes this feature as otherwise, the referring of closed threads with solutions would be difficult to search in a bigger blogs having excellent solutions.
                             I am new to this forum, and I am not a blogger also. I would request you to kindly consider. I think there may be threads beforehand on this topic. But I do not know. Pl expecting reply
                            While browsing my question to edit, i found "mark topic solved " green button  to the bottom of my question. Is it an update or add on. How to download this feature.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jraju

Hi, Kindred,
              Thanks for the links. But yesterday when i browse the question, i have a "mark this as solved" button. But to day, when i browse i did not find the same.
                   One small clarification. Who would be able to mark this
                        The asker or the admin. is it correct? Where i could find the button. Yesterday, it was there and to day i could not locate. Where to look for , if i have to mark this question as solved.
                    The verification code sometimes take much time to finish as both letters look the same.Please advise

Kindred

it's there...   at the bottom of the post
(not in the response/post screen, but on the read post/thread screen)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jraju

Hi, Thanks kindred,
                      Found it. But the question, is it only available for thread starter or admin. Also,would the mod you have recommended be just updated, by clicking the download? All the threads and previous post remain unaffected. Because, if it overwrites the entire thing and starts as fresh, one would loose every past threads and data.
                          Pl advise,

Kindred

I am not sure what you mean about being updated...

if you have installed the mod that I pointed out, then - that is the "current" version.
If you installed some other mod, then I have no idea ho that mod flags the post as answered...
nor do I have any idea how whatever mod that you used handles the option..

with the mod that I pointed out, there is a permission... and anyone with permission can flag a post as solved.
Слaва
Украинi

jraju

Hi, it just ticks the beginning thread with a green tick mark.
I want to add solved to be there in the topic itself.
will you please help.
        mod to me means modifications of a certain feature and it is an addition to the program. What i want is just a add on feature like that

Kindred

for most of us here "mod" refers specifically to a mod package (a pre-coded modification that can be installed with a single click)

Yes, the topic solved changes the message icon to a green checkmark and marks it as "solved" in the so it can be tracked (solved versus unsolved)

there is no current mod package that does what you want...   to update the initial title with (Solved)...   that would involve a different set of coding, but could probably be extrapolated fomr the existing mod package.

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: