),

timidapsin

Quote from: MechSpecs on July 20, 2014, 01:38:42 PM
Make an entry with the link in your Subs

Something like this...

),
         'mentions' => array(
            'title' => 'Mentions',
            'href' => 'http://www.DOMAIN.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=mentions',
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),

),

Please i am a novice in php coding can you give me detailed explanation, Thanks :)

timidapsin

i have already added it but it doesnt notify when a user has a new mention

Badboy

After changing Subs.php. Open Sources/Mentions.php

Code (FIND) Select
$menu_buttons['profile']['sub_buttons']['mentions'] = array(
'title' => $txt['mentions'] . (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : ''),
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=mentions',
'show' => true,
);
$menu_buttons['profile']['title'] .=  (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : '');

Code (REPLACE) Select
$menu_buttons['mentions']['title'] .=  (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : '');
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

MechSpecs

This would actually be a great option for the author to put into the code as I am sure a good number of people would use something like this

timidapsin

Quote from: Badboy on July 20, 2014, 07:03:17 PM
After changing Subs.php. Open Sources/Mentions.php

Code (FIND) Select
$menu_buttons['profile']['sub_buttons']['mentions'] = array(
'title' => $txt['mentions'] . (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : ''),
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=profile;area=mentions',
'show' => true,
);
$menu_buttons['profile']['title'] .=  (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : '');

Code (REPLACE) Select
$menu_buttons['mentions']['title'] .=  (!empty($user_settings['unread_mentions']) ? ' [' . $user_settings['unread_mentions'] . ']' : '');
Its working fine now thanks

timidapsin

I have 1 more problem, how do i make the Mentions tab visible for only logged users, it currently shows for even guests

MechSpecs

I tested this mod on one of my more stock sites and the pop-up name suggestion thing works great!!!! Awesome feature...

Too bad it doesn't work for the add on editor that I mentioned above :(

Michael Pfaff

This is amazing. However, for some reason, it won't allow me to save the " Enable mentions e-mail for current members
Only check this if you'd like existing members to have their e-mails enabled".

When I check it and save, it refreshes and the box is unchecked. Any way to set this to checked via code?

Chalky

I've noticed the same thing with the checkbox losing its check when you hit save. It does actually remember the setting though so seems it's just aesthetic  :)

Michael Pfaff

Quote from: Chalky on July 29, 2014, 07:12:41 PM
I've noticed the same thing with the checkbox losing its check when you hit save. It does actually remember the setting though so seems it's just aesthetic  :)

I think you're right. Thanks man.

Mstcool

Quote from: Michael Pfaff on July 29, 2014, 06:12:07 PM
This is amazing. However, for some reason, it won't allow me to save the " Enable mentions e-mail for current members

When I check it and save, it refreshes and the box is unchecked. Any way to set this to checked via code?

Hey, I said the same thing a while ago but everyone ignored my reply lol. :p

Michael Pfaff

Quote from: Mstcool on July 29, 2014, 11:58:46 PM

Haha. Yeah, I think like Chalky said, it still works but the checkbox just doesn't "appear" checked.

meemzo

It worked and now it stopped.   :(  At first I thought it was a conflict with another mod, but I did a clean install on a newly created sub-forum and it stopped working there.  I can't find out where to go to enable or change settings.  Can someone be of assistance?  Version 1.1 of mod 2.0.8 and 2.07 smf.

I actually got it to add the member link AFTER it posts by downloading a file upthread, but the drop down fill/search doesn't work.

Michael Pfaff

Having a weird issue where names are being confused with other names in the post.

stammtisch

After installing this mod, there are some strange lines of PHP visible on the top of every site. Even after the uninstalling of the MOD:

$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; $txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days';

Do you have an idea what's going wrong there? In an other board everything works as is should. 

Just mark the invisble text in the area top of the header.

I just found out that it must have something to do with the database, because after installing the software again the error comes with importing the old database.

Rain Forest

Thank you for this amazing mod! :)

Gluz

Quote from: Michael Pfaff on July 30, 2014, 08:36:57 AM
Quote from: Mstcool on July 29, 2014, 11:58:46 PM

Haha. Yeah, I think like Chalky said, it still works but the checkbox just doesn't "appear" checked.

That is a One time use setting, as the new members have the e-mail notification enabled by default, you only need to apply that setting once, 'cause the code of the MOD verify for that checkbox to execute some code, but it only need to be executed once, unless you want to change everyone e-mail notification setting again.

Mooby The Golden Sock

Is there a way for a member to opt out of mention notifications and/or block specific members from sending them mentions?  We've had some members who don't want to know when people on their ignore list mention them.

Advertisement: