News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

"New" image Missing

Started by caal0403, May 02, 2014, 07:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caal0403

Hi all,
Please help. I have used the ssi to post latest forum posts on my website. I have 2 websites and on one when something new is posted the is a little graphic that says new appears on the website yet it doesnt on the other website. I have checked the images file and the image is there ok.
Any ideas

Thank you in advance

ryangassxx

Are you certain you're looking in the right directory for the image file? Be sure you're looking in the correct language. Make sure you're looking in english-uft8 vs. english (or vice versa). If you switched languages recently, it'll cause that to happen. I had that very issue recently. I actually had to make up my own "New" graphic and put it into the directory and then it started working fine..

caal0403

Thanks for the reply. I havnt changed languages at all. I did however switch host and I am starting to think this the problem. Any ideas?

ryangassxx

Go to admin/configuration/languages/edit languages and find out exactly what version of english (or other language) you have it set to. Report back.

Also, where is your forum?

caal0403

My forum is at http://channelexpressvirtual.com/core/forum/index.php

Here is my language settings . Ihave the UTF-8 selected. Thanks

Default   Language Name   Character Set   Users   Locale
   English British   UTF-8   20   en_GB.utf8
   English British   ISO-8859-1   6   en_GB
   English   ISO-8859-1   0   en_US

klra

I had the same issue with my 2.0.7 installation.

Here is how I fixed it-

I downloaded the full SMF 2.0.7 package and unzipped it.

Then I used my FTP app (Filezilla) to replace the images on the server.

Three were not working for me - useron.gif, new.gif and quick_move.gif.

After I replaced them they appeared normally.

kat

If you use Filezilla, make sure the "Transfer type" is set to "binary", not "auto", which is the default setting.

Even though it shouldn't, I've known this to break images.

caal0403

I have tried all these and still nothing :(
I have done a new install also now and still nothing. I get the little icon on my boards ok but not on my website where my latest posts are displayed using SSI

kat

As guests can't view your forum, nor the thing you're talking about, we're a bit stuck...

caal0403

Quote from: K@ on May 28, 2014, 07:07:27 AM
As guests can't view your forum, nor the thing you're talking about, we're a bit stuck...

If you have a look at this webpage. www.channelexpressvirtual.com on the home page you will see a section called latest forum posts. the top post in this box should have a new gif beside it as it is a recent post :)

Illori

if you inspect that block with your browsers tools, there is no code there to even show the new.gif.

caal0403

If you have a look at my other website www.caalair.com you will see the little gif on that page

Illori

maybe it shows if you are logged in, but as a guest it does not.

caal0403

I am logged in ok but still doesnt show. If you look at http://channelexpressvirtual.com/core/forum/ssi_examples.php it shows the gif ok

Dragooon

We can't see any new gif anyway without having an account at your site, how are you showing the latest posts on that page?

caal0403

I have this at the top of my page <?php require("/home/channele/public_html/core/forum/SSI.php"); ?>

and then at the latest post box i have this <?php ssi_recentPosts(10); ?>

Deaks

caal do you still need help with this?

I have marked it as solved until you get back to us
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: