News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] WoltLab Burning Boards / WBB 4.0

Started by margarett, May 02, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

It's a WIP because I can't guarantee a complete conversion because I don't know the ins and outs of WBB, I just did this because someone requested it :P

You can try it, it should be painless ;)
Let us know if any issues arise. The more issues are reported, better ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Papa Hoyt

Quote from: margarett on August 27, 2014, 05:10:34 AM
It's a WIP because I can't guarantee a complete conversion because I don't know the ins and outs of WBB, I just did this because someone requested it :P

You can try it, it should be painless ;)
Let us know if any issues arise. The more issues are reported, better ;)

Is it possible to do a trial run by setting up SMF in a sub-domain and then test the conversion before I commit? Or will it span domains like that??

margarett

Yup, of course ;)

Let's say your actual forum runs in www.example.com
You set up SMF in a sub folder "test" so that it runs in www.example.com/test then you run the converter and check what's going. You can even install some mods, maybe search for a theme, etc.

When you're happy, you can redo stuff, this time for real. During all this time, your original forum was still running without issues or interruptions ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Papa Hoyt

Just one more question before I try this out.  Passwords can they be reset through the"forgot password" function or do I have to do something to reset them all.?

Papa Hoyt

this is the error I am getting and cant seem to sort it.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 4.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'vapersgu_smf911'@'localhost' for table 'wcf1_user'

Papa Hoyt

Quote from: Papa Hoyt on August 27, 2014, 07:57:44 PM
this is the error I am getting and cant seem to sort it.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 4.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'vapersgu_smf911'@'localhost' for table 'wcf1_user'[/s]

Nevermind had permission backwards but I now get this error

Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_cat)

Papa Hoyt

if it helps this is the software stats

Burning Board® Version

Community Framework™ Version
2.0.8 (Maelstrom)

and if need be I can grant you access to my forum to look at the database directly

margarett

Oh, the joys of converters :P

It seems you have a board with a NULL or somehow not integer id. Can you check via your boards table in wbb for such strange occurrence? That's something the converter isn't really prepared to handle (because it makes no sense to have a board without id)

Papa Hoyt

I have quite a few with the 'parentID' as NULL but these are the section headers that help break my board up into categories.

margarett

I'm currently working in another converter. I'll try to check this as soon as possible (after today's beach session :P )

Papa Hoyt

Thank you so much, I will continue to look over thedB and see if something jumps out at me.

Take your time and Thank You so much for what you are helping me with.

Papa Hoyt

Not sure if this helps

I can go to ' » Administration Center » Boards » Modify Boards' and see the categories that are marked NULL in the db. so that is not it.
What makes me scratch my head is that the repair and recount was run successfully and i cannot see these categories on the main board.

Also styleID on every row (including the categories) are marked NULL.

Papa Hoyt

added a new board to one of the empty categories and it now appears on the front page so it is merely not showing due to lack of boards in that category.

margarett

Yes, that's common behavior in SMF. If a category doesn't have boards inside, it is not shown ;)

Nevertheless, categories should have been converted in the previous step. I'll have to check that...

margarett

Now that I think about it... Could it be that you have child boards with more than 1 level? The converter can only convert up until the first child board level. Eg:

Cat --> Main board --> Child board.

Papa Hoyt

I do have a few I did not catch that, let me rearrange and try again.

Papa Hoyt

still getting same error and reformatted all boards to

Cat > Board 1
Cat > Board 2

etc etc

margarett

Can you please PM me a link and login details to your database manager?
I need to check in place what can cause that...

margarett

Papa Hoyt

yes sorry the holiday weekend has me away from computerbut the converter did work and I am looking through the files now the one thing I did notice is that it added a lot of backslashes2 titles advertising links.

More to come as we look more into it.

Advertisement: