News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] WoltLab Burning Boards / WBB 4.0

Started by margarett, May 02, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

For future reference, the current version of the converter does not support boards not under a category (directly on the "root" of the board index)

Can you post an example of the issue you're having? I'm not sure I understand it...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Papa Hoyt

I have not forgotten this topic. I have just been to busy to get back to the conversion to grab you am example. Real life first and then online presence.

Diazz72

I am having a little problem guys:

QuoteWhich software are you using?
The converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!

After you download it, simply upload it into the same folder as this convert.php file. If you're having any other problems with this converter, don't hesitate to look for help on our forum.

Try again

Diazz72

Quote from: Diazz72 on March 04, 2015, 07:29:52 PM
I am having a little problem guys:

QuoteWhich software are you using?
The converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!

After you download it, simply upload it into the same folder as this convert.php file. If you're having any other problems with this converter, don't hesitate to look for help on our forum.

Try again

The problem was whit premissions, now that is fixed but:
QuoteUnable to find the settings for Burning Board 4.0. Please double check the path and try again.

margarett

You need to create the file "wbb4_migration.php" with the correct WBB info and put it in WBB's folder (like described in the first post)
Then you need to tell the converter the full path (server path, not URL) to the folder where that file was put ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

atomares

First at all nice work and thank you for the converter :)
the first steps are done but now im stuck at "Converting boards"

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_cat)

I could see that the main Categories are imported but nothing more :/

margarett

Hi ;)

Before you perform the conversion, make sure that all your boards are inside a category.
WBB supports boards directly on the root, SMF doesn't...

atomares

Hi Margarett
thanks fpr your answer i've rechecked my board and all Boards are in a Category Placed, or is there a problem because of the subboards?
for example a snapshot in the attachments :) from the board tree inside the ACP (Category: Blue Banner, Boards: Blue Text)

Edit: aww damnit sorry i had a hidden Board marked as Forum not as Category ;) it worked now ^^

margarett

Advertisement: