News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Re: Lost connection to database

Started by Snowy, May 02, 2014, 09:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowy

Quote from: Ron. on April 25, 2014, 11:45:41 AM
At least I think that's the problem....  I cannot log in or get to the admin functions in order to correct it. When attempting to log in I get "must enter username" even though I have entered a username. No one can access anything. So, how can I access the definition of the "path" to the forum so I can put it back to what it was when I can't login?

I used the repair_settings.php file and it did nothing. However, my problem was created by my server. They moved my site and it was down for 2 days, they got it back up and no one can log in. I was set to never log out, so I am in when I open the page.... HOWEVER ... when I try to log into my admin panel and type in the password and click login, it empties my password box. Also, when trying to post, I can click reply, type the text and click post, and it brings me back to a blank text box.

I am headed into day 4 of being down now. repair_settings doesn't work. What can I do?

LiroyvH

Tried clearing your cookies/renaming cookie?
Sounds like you're in need of a new host as well
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Snowy

Quote from: CoreISP on May 03, 2014, 12:46:26 AM
Tried clearing your cookies/renaming cookie?
Sounds like you're in need of a new host as well

Cleared cookies, cache and flushed the DNS several times.

Illori

snowy since this thread was started by someone else and is marked solved, i am splitting this to a separate thread. in the future please start new threads instead of using a thread started by someone else.

Snowy

Quote from: Illori on May 03, 2014, 12:02:07 PM
snowy since this thread was started by someone else and is marked solved, i am splitting this to a separate thread. in the future please start new threads instead of using a thread started by someone else.

Sorry. I thought it might have been relevant to the repair_settings so I didn't want to confuse things by having multiple strings on the same issue. Thanks.

margarett

Any news about this? If you're still with problems, can you get us a phpinfo?
What is a phpinfo() file?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: