Another consistent update.
- Hooks can can create a new instance of your class for you and it will be stored in $context['instances']['your_class_name'], it you want to create an instance you need to use the # character at the end of your string:
The feature is still compatible with how hooks calls work on 2.0.
- Hooks can now declare a file to be loaded when the hook is called, example:
The following wildcards can be used:
- Adds a fall-back if no wildcard for a path was given, it only tries to check if the file exists on Sources dir so make sure you included a valid path to your file.
Use more descriptive var names, no more $call, $call
- Subs::call_hook_helper() is now used when calling hooks, it determines if the string passed is a callable function, a static method or a normal method and acts according to what was found.
- Change to schemaless URLs on hardcoded urls for the default custom profile fields.
- When an user gets a permanent ban, destroy the user's session and unset his/her openID data, thanks to Underdog.
- Arrows are no longer showed on third level menus, thanks to Live627.
- Enable/Disable BBC are now on under posting settings, thanks to Antes.
- When editing your profile, if a custom profile value fails, it will tell the user about it.
- Custom profile fields now has more options to be displayed, besides the current 3 options theres now: below signature, below avatar, above username and bottom poster info.
- Warning logs are now searchable.
- Custom profile field "gender" now has a "none" value by default.
- Several bugs were fixed as well.
That's pretty much it, as always, you can take a look at where the fun is happening: http://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1
and remember, due to the volatile nature of the repo, installing 2.1 for production is not recommended. You can, however, install it on a local or test site
and give us a hand at reporting issues.