Conversion from Kunena to SMF minor issues

Started by bholderby, May 08, 2014, 03:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bholderby

Hello and first off, thanks for this wealth of information on this message board!

Highly useful info!!

Also, thanks to all who write "conversion mods" to help us so-called "Admins" get through the tough spots! :)

On to my issue --

I am in the process of converting a forum from Kunena 1.6.3 (Running on Joomla 1.5.26) to SMF 2.0.7.

I downloaded the file found in the mod section and it almost was a complete and easy transfer of data!

There are though, some minor inconsistencies to the conversion process...

1.) It appears that a very few of my topics did not migrate. I am not 100% on why.

2.) On a few of my converted topics, the Replies show a count of 0, but there are in-fact replies in the topic.

3.) My site stats did not seem to calculate properly...

Here are some side notes --

The forum at one point was a fireboard, and when I run the fireboard conversion utility, some very old boards and messages get migrated...(Kunena is installed ontop of a fireboard?)

I do get some "copy" errors on images, but I don't have the images folder migrated yet (can this cause stat calcs to not be correct?)

If I install some new SMF mods and run the conversion utility again, do the mods get wiped out?

Attached are the files I am messing with for the conversion...

Any advice or guidance will be extremely helpful in getting this forum 100% migrated!

Thanks to the SMF crew for the high caliber member support! A+!

kat

2&3 might be fixed by going to Admin>Forum maintenance> "Check and repair errors" and "Recount forum statistics".

1 has me scratching my head, though. :(

bholderby

Thanks for the quick reply!

I will run the "error checker" now...

About my newly added mods, if I run the converter again, will my new mods get wiped out?

No big deal if they do, I still have to move everything from my test bed again to the final .org resting place...

Thanks for the quickness!

kat

You know... I really don't have a clue, as I've never used a converter. :(

If the conversion involves uploading the SMF files, it most certainly will. But, as the mods'll still be in packages, you can just reinstall them, anyway. :)

margarett

I checked the converter (kunena_to_smf) and I see no reason why topics should be missing. If you can identify them *AND* you have access to the old database, maybe we can identify the cause. Maybe :P

Quotebout my newly added mods, if I run the converter again, will my new mods get wiped out?
QuoteYou know... I really don't have a clue, as I've never used a converter. :(
If the conversion involves uploading the SMF files, it most certainly will.
The converter *only* deals with the database (and files from attachments/smileys/attachments --> Files not belonging to SMF itself)
What it does is to retrieve some informations from the "source" database (which are stored in a certain "arrangement") and put those informations in SMF's database (in the "arrangement" SMF expects). That's the main function.
Then some converters (pretty much all, IIRC) still deal with attachments, avatars, smileys, etc. But the core functionality is really to adapt the database.

Having said this, you shouldn't need to reinstall your MODs, as no files are changed But some informations/settings they had stored in the database might be lost.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bholderby

Thank for the replies!

I don't think the few missing topics are a really big deal... :P

Thanks again for the quick replies, and running the "Check and repair errors" cleaned up the forum!

A+A+A+ guys and thanks...Saved me a lot of headache!

kat

Advertisement: