News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Changing Background Image

Started by swaggaderby, May 11, 2014, 08:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swaggaderby

please i need help ijust installed my forum and i use this same theme as the forum i want to know how i can change the background color to another imagine or to another colour.....someone please come to my rescue

Looking

You have to edit the .css file of your theme. Look for .body or .wrapper as the case may be.

swaggaderby

Quote from: Looking on May 11, 2014, 08:27:58 AM
You have to edit the .css file of your theme. Look for .body or .wrapper as the case may be.
i want to change myback ground to one like this www.quickteller.com ....i want my blue background to change from blue to an image like the one n d site

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on May 11, 2014, 04:35:42 PM
in other ones when i edit the .css file where do i or hw do i apply the changes

Kindred

Get CSS file using your hosting file manager or FTP, edit it in notepad++ or you other favorite TEXT editor (not notepad or word pad, ever) and then upload the new copy.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on May 12, 2014, 07:38:25 AM
Get CSS file using your hosting file manager or FTP, edit it in notepad++ or you other favorite TEXT editor (not notepad or word pad, ever) and then upload the new copy.
Alright thanks...i would like to change the background image to a link image i dont know how to inpt it in the location you specified

Kindred

What do you mean "link image"??
Слaва
Украинi

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2014, 04:20:19 PM
What do you mean "link image"??

check this site www.quickteller.com
you will see a background image on the website its the background image am talking about or rather the link image

Kindred

I have no idea what you mean by the term "link image"
Слaва
Украинi

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on August 24, 2014, 09:16:45 PM
I have no idea what you mean by the term "link image"
okay lemme rephrase naijaforum.smfforfree2.com im trying to change my theme from the default smf theme to that colour of theme on that site

Kindred

so - get/find a custom theme like that....    that's what the theme site is for.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/
Слaва
Украинi

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on August 27, 2014, 02:58:23 PM
so - get/find a custom theme like that....    that's what the theme site is for.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

yeah i know about the theme site....i was jst thinking it was a way i could jst change the colour from blue to little brown like it is on that site thats just the little change i want to make please help....

Kindred

The thing is... It is not a little change.

The blue which the default theme uses is defined in the CSS files...  As both a color and as images. It's not just a single change...   It is changes to the images and the CSS code in dozens of places, if not more....
Слaва
Украинi

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on August 27, 2014, 04:57:20 PM
The thing is... It is not a little change.

The blue which the default theme uses is defined in the CSS files...  As both a color and as images. It's not just a single change...   It is changes to the images and the CSS code in dozens of places, if not more....
i dont know if you can help out in telling me how to make those changes because  i have been thru it all and theme on the custom theme site .

Kindred

I can't "tell you how to do it", because to do it, you basically have to know how to create a whole new theme...

So, unless you can figure out how to create a whole new theme, including images and colors, I suggest that you find a theme you like on the theme site and use that.

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: