SMF 2.0.6 subdirectory to another SMF 2.0.7 subdirectory

Started by SKSLink.com, May 19, 2014, 04:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSLink.com

How do I export from a SMF 2.0.6 subdirectory to a new SMF directory 2.0.7? Do I just patch all files and folders? The Goddady don't have new version 2.07 so I updated it and now it says for 2 days when i open subdirectory: "Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

It was working fine for 1 year until version 2.06

kat

Quote from: SKSLink.com on May 19, 2014, 04:19:09 AM
How do I export from a SMF 2.0.6 subdirectory to a new SMF directory 2.0.7? Do I just patch all files and folders?

You move the files to wherever you want them. Then, you use this, to correct the paths:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

Quote from: SKSLink.com on May 19, 2014, 04:19:09 AMThe Goddady don't have new version 2.07 so I updated it and now it says for 2 days when i open subdirectory: "Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. "

It was working fine for 1 year until version 2.06

How did you do the update?

SKSLink.com

Wow it worked Thank You Very Much :-*

The thing what I think I was hacked. Because I saw there, my password connection mySQL been changed.
When I clicked SAVE Setting, I thought it didn't work when I saw: Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_fatal_error() in /home/content/**/*******/html/*/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 106

I went back to same forum sub and it's back to normal.

Now I have 2 mySQL and 2 SMF different directory(2.0.6 & 2.0.7). I was thinking if I paste 2.0.6 in 2.0.7 directory or 2.0.7 to 2.0.6 directory. Will that be working?

I have new problem when i deleted "repair_settings.php" and tried to go in package manager to upload mod it says: Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

kat

I don't think there're any database changes. So, just changing files out to work.

Backup, first. Then, it won't matter, if something croaks. :)

SKSLink.com

So paste all the files from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 or reverse? Will my post topics, boards will clash?

kat

I assume that your database is pointing to just one of those directories.  If that's right, the database'll only see what's in that directory. It won't even know that the other directory exists.

SKSLink.com

I'm now in maintenance "/admin/?area=maintain;sa=database;" and I will try again package manager link once I'm done with maintenance. I have downloaded from Admin the database backup(sql.gz).

I think my problem is solves once I did repair in Forum Maintenance that says:"
Find and repair any errors

If, for example, posts or topics are missing after a server crash, this function may help finding them again."

I have successfully uploaded and installed captcha in package manager.

Thank You very much for your kind help.

From my experience - I will just save settings in repair_settings.php - I won't click the other buttons that says "hooks/restore"

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

WoooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Advertisement: