Error 500

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, May 23, 2014, 06:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

This topic could be strictly related to THIS ONE i actually don't know it but i suppose so... Anyway, as attached it occurred a few minutes ago.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Bigguy

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure if there is a problem it is being looked into. :)

margarett

It happens quite often to me, when I'm searching the forum on my phone. then I wait 1 minute or so and try again, and it opens.
Strange enough, I don't remember this ever occurring on the PC (different ISP)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

@Bigguy You're welcome, i should be saying thanks for all the help SMF team provides all the times :D

@margarett Indeed it got away but it's not 100% normal i think..

Any suggestions? CoreISP asked me in the other topic to PM him if i had more problems reaching the site but we were talking about traceroute and other stuff, it's different here so i didn't send him a PM with this screenshot. Should i do that or..? I don't really know, i don't want to bother him but also i would like to let the staff know if there are issues reaching the site.

P.s. Thanks to both of you for your replies, always appreciate it. :)
Especially the recommended margarett xD answering me everywhere xD
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

I promise I'm not stalking you ;D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH actually you're helping me everywhere i need  :laugh:

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

He is rather good, isn't he? :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah i have already recommended him for higher charges if he wants and i confirm it ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

* margarett blushes :P

LiroyvH

198.18.1.43 is not an IP of ours, that's an internal (test) range.
It might be a proxy of your provider or a problem in your local network that fails the connection.
Can't reliably determine whether or not the issue is truly on our side or not, I couldn't (quickly) find a 500 error in our logs.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Neither i was able to determine what that IP was about but it's not mine (you can see it so you know that) and i don't know about my provider... But i can assure you the other sites were working >.<

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

青山 素子

Quote from: CoreISP on May 23, 2014, 11:25:23 AM
198.18.1.43 is not an IP of ours, that's an internal (test) range.

Not even that. It's supposed to be reserved for internal isolated performance testing. From the whois on the range:

NetType:        IANA Special Use
Comment:        Addresses starting with "198.18." or "198.19." are set aside for use in isolated laboratory networks used for benchmarking and performance testing.  They should never appear on the Internet and if you see Internet traffic using these addresses, they are being used without permission.
Comment:
Comment:        This assignment was made by the IETF, the organization that develops Internet protocols, in RFC 2544, which can be found at:
Comment:        http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2544

Sounds to me like either something's up with the DNS services you're using returning bad addresses, or your ISP is doing something very strange.

If you keep encountering errors with IPs in the 198.18 - 198.19 range, you could try setting up an IP for this site in your hosts file to try and rule out DNS issues.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: 青山 素子 on May 25, 2014, 03:26:50 AM
Not even that. It's supposed to be reserved for internal isolated performance testing. From the whois on the range:

Sounds to me like either something's up with the DNS services you're using returning bad addresses, or your ISP is doing something very strange.

Though i can assure you any other website was working correctly...

Quote from: 青山 素子 on May 25, 2014, 03:26:50 AMIf you keep encountering errors with IPs in the 198.18 - 198.19 range, you could try setting up an IP for this site in your hosts file to try and rule out DNS issues.
I am not as expert of you of course so i beg you to pardon me if i can't understand what you mean by setting up an IP for this site in my hosts file... Set up an IP? I don't think i can in any way change the IP of the site and i don't think you could to that as well without restarting it so i guess i'm badly missing the point there... Additionally... Hosts file? O.o I can't understand the relationship between an error 500 on smf.org and my host files...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

青山 素子

The "hosts" file is like a DNS override. It's an old mechanism from long before there were DNS servers and the Internet consisted of six machines. Today it's useful for doing things like overrides and making custom names for internal stuff. My suggestion is basically to use this file to force the computer to use a specific IP rather than check with your internet provider's DNS servers. If that seems to fix the problem when it occurs, you know it's an issue with your ISP's DNS servers. If it doesn't fix the issue, then it's something else. Either way, it can help eliminate a possible cause.

You can read more on the hosts file here (wikipedia).

If you're interested in some troubleshooting, let me know and I'll provide some things you can do when you experience the issue next time to help determine the cause, if possible.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks for your reply, even if i still have *some* problems understanding you (hell now i got why you are a server team member >_<) yes i do want to know the issue because you may see this is not the first time i am experiencing errors with this site, a few topics below this there is another one i had created some time ago: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=521782.0 so yes i'm definitely interested in troubleshooting but please don't blame me if i'm not as expert as you in this field. I know something about SMF itself but very few things about the stuff related to this topic.

P.s. : sorry for the late reply, didn't notice yours.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: